The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello everyone! I would like to seek advice from you all,
I am an international student who is currently studying Physiotherapy in the UK.
I am graduating next year and I would like to study medicine ( standard entry) in 2022, my UCAT is 2490 and SJ Band 3.
Do I have an interview chance if I apply to Newcastle University?
Many thanks!
Reply 81
Original post by GG700
Hello everyone! I would like to seek advice from you all,
I am an international student who is currently studying Physiotherapy in the UK.
I am graduating next year and I would like to study medicine ( standard entry) in 2022, my UCAT is 2490 and SJ Band 3.
Do I have an interview chance if I apply to Newcastle University?
Many thanks!

Cut off 2820 for 2021 entry
Reply 82
Is an offer for interview at Newcastle solely based on UCAT score?
Reply 83
Original post by pwat822
Is an offer for interview at Newcastle solely based on UCAT score?

And having at least AAA predicted at A level
Reply 84
Original post by GANFYD
And having at least AAA predicted at A level

What UCAT score would I need to be getting to get an interview. Im due to sit my UCAT on the 23rd.
Reply 85
Original post by pwat822
What UCAT score would I need to be getting to get an interview. Im due to sit my UCAT on the 23rd.

Cut off last year was 2820, but nobody knows what will be needed this year yet
Reply 86
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off last year was 2820, but nobody knows what will be needed this year yet

Quite high then? Is this a good option if I didn't do aswell in my GCSEs but still meet the minimum requirements?
Original post by pwat822
Quite high then? Is this a good option if I didn't do aswell in my GCSEs but still meet the minimum requirements?

It's a good option if your UCAT is in the top decile and you're predicted AAA. They don't look at GCSE's.
Reply 88
Original post by pwat822

Most people would call it very high! It is a good option with weaker GCSEs and an excellent UCAT, but there are also other options which don't look so hard at GCSE results. Post on the main thread once you have UCAT results.
Original post by GANFYD
2018 2560

2019 2550

2020 2620
2021 2720

How do you know for 2021 it was 2720 because i was looking for this all day and I couldn’t find it
Reply 90
Original post by zikria.nadeem1
How do you know for 2021 it was 2720 because i was looking for this all day and I couldn’t find it

FOI 😊
I don't think so.
Reply 92
Afraid not!
Reply 93
I think 2720 was the Partners cut off
(edited 2 years ago)
Your score is still well above 2820 so don't fret!
Isn't your score 3100? It's more than enough for any medical school.
No one knows tbh. Interim results will be published on Friday which will give you a good idea of where their cutoff will be. It's usually slightly lower than the top decile.
I am applying with 2790. I guess it might help bring it down! 😆
They do publish the number of people who sat the exam so you can get an idea of how many people are applying compared to previous years. Keep in mind that final results are usually lower than interim results so don't worry too much if it looks outrageous. We did see more competition last year as the average UCAT score increased but idk if it's just a correlation.
Original post by username5624856
Hii anyone thinking of applying with partners or non partners?

I'm thinking of applying with PARTNERS :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending