The Student Room Group

University of Bristol Data Science vs University of Leeds Computer Science

Greetings,

I am trying to decide between these couple of undergraduate BSc offers that I got and I am interested in hearing people's opinions on these.

I find myself equally drawn towards the topics being covered in both and my questions ultimately come down to the following:

- Is the reputation of the University of Bristol really that helpful when applying for a job, when compared to that of the University of Leeds?
- Is it easier to get an internship when studying a well-established course like Computer Science in 2021?
- Is Data Science a bit of a "fad" course at the moment that lacks a clear structure? (at Bristol it is taught for the first time this year)
- Would it be a better idea to go with Leeds, despite its lower reputation, if I am not 110% certain Data Science is what I want to do for a living?
- And finally, what other things should I keep in mind when making this decision? Any extra suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.
Original post by DeadManProp
Greetings,

I am trying to decide between these couple of undergraduate BSc offers that I got and I am interested in hearing people's opinions on these.

I find myself equally drawn towards the topics being covered in both and my questions ultimately come down to the following:

- Is the reputation of the University of Bristol really that helpful when applying for a job, when compared to that of the University of Leeds?
- Is it easier to get an internship when studying a well-established course like Computer Science in 2021?
- Is Data Science a bit of a "fad" course at the moment that lacks a clear structure? (at Bristol it is taught for the first time this year)
- Would it be a better idea to go with Leeds, despite its lower reputation, if I am not 110% certain Data Science is what I want to do for a living?
- And finally, what other things should I keep in mind when making this decision? Any extra suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

Did you end up going to Bristol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending