The Student Room Group

Gcse science teacher assesments helppp

so I have like 8 weeks of my GCSEs left and I really want 8/9s in all three sciences
but in my mock exams I got
7 in bio 9 in chem and 6 in physics
I need minimum 8s in all 3 sciences to do the course I want In sixth form
Is there still a chance for me to improve my biology and physics grade

how will I go from a 6 to a 8/9 in the next following weeks
btw my autumn predicted grades for all 3 sciences were 2 4s and 1 5
I am sooo worried because my school said the one set of mocks is the main evidence for our real gcse grade and the previous evidence from autumn for my end of topic science exams are extremely bad ... shall I ask them to sit an optional exam to boost my grade or is that unfair to the rest of the year?
I really don’t want to have to take the resit autumn exams as I need the grades for sixth form and it’s the only one I can go to
also I was getting 9s in all sciences in year 10 but I really fell off as I lost all my motivation due to covid but I don’t think teachers will take year 10 tests into account
I think it’s best if you contact/discuss with your teacher or the head of science if there is one.

Put in as much work and revision as you possibly can and try your best.

It wouldn’t hurt to enquire about the potential of sitting an extra test for more evidence.

I think some sixth forms may have a little bit of leeway on grades if you’re a grade or so below depending on various other factors.

Best of luck!
Original post by Mythology
I think it’s best if you contact/discuss with your teacher or the head of science if there is one.

Put in as much work and revision as you possibly can and try your best.

It wouldn’t hurt to enquire about the potential of sitting an extra test for more evidence.

I think some sixth forms may have a little bit of leeway on grades if you’re a grade or so below depending on various other factors.

Best of luck!

The sixth forms I’ve applied to actually made their requirements higher (8)
but thanks for ur advice and I’ll try ask my teachers if I could sit an optional test but I doubt they would let me as it’s not standardised I’ll still ask them though 👍
Original post by gcse20212004
The sixth forms I’ve applied to actually made their requirements higher (8)
but thanks for ur advice and I’ll try ask my teachers if I could sit an optional test but I doubt they would let me as it’s not standardised I’ll still ask them though 👍

Ah I see. You could ask if you could submit any further evidence to support your grade if possible? And good idea, no harm in asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending