The Student Room Group

Nat 5 Chemistry into Higher

how big is the jump between N5 chem and H chem???????? Because right now N5 chemistry will be the death of me, but i need to take it into higher for the career i want to go into. helppp
Original post by lessarafim
how big is the jump between N5 chem and H chem???????? Because right now N5 chemistry will be the death of me, but i need to take it into higher for the career i want to go into. helppp

Hi! I'm currently doing H chemistry, so I haven't finished 100% of the course but I'd say that while some things are different, a lot of the course overlaps or just builds on topics from N5. I really wasn't the biggest fan of N5 chem but ended up taking it to higher and I find it much more interesting this year! There is a jump, but it's definitely manageable with the right amount of studying and practice (and in my opinion it isn't as big of a jump compared to some other subjects). If you're really unsure try speaking to your teacher and seeing if they think you can manage it/give any advice. Out of interest, what career are you wanting to do?
Reply 2
Original post by seashells7
Hi! I'm currently doing H chemistry, so I haven't finished 100% of the course but I'd say that while some things are different, a lot of the course overlaps or just builds on topics from N5. I really wasn't the biggest fan of N5 chem but ended up taking it to higher and I find it much more interesting this year! There is a jump, but it's definitely manageable with the right amount of studying and practice (and in my opinion it isn't as big of a jump compared to some other subjects). If you're really unsure try speaking to your teacher and seeing if they think you can manage it/give any advice. Out of interest, what career are you wanting to do?
thank you
i am currently thinking of pursuing medicine or dentistry.
Reply 3
Original post by iasd
shut up dummy
violation
thank you
i am currently thinking of pursuing medicine or dentistry.

no problem & good luck!
It’s hard☠️ I’m actually barely passing. I got strong As in Nat 5 but higher…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending