The Student Room Group

DWP work coach reserve list April21

Scroll to see replies

Hi nyy3004, I'm reading back your previous post. Did you get put on to the reserve list 3 weeks ago, and now receive a call? I've unfortunately recieved the dreaded reserve list today.
Original post by Rose1993
Haha you never know. I've become a bit obsessed with checking my emails, still checking them all the time even after getting the offer haha

Oh my gosh me too. It's a whole other level of obsession 🙈
Reply 22
Original post by SonrisaSol
Hi nyy3004, I'm reading back your previous post. Did you get put on to the reserve list 3 weeks ago, and now receive a call? I've unfortunately recieved the dreaded reserve list today.

How long have u been on the reserve list for ? Is anyone reserve from east London
Reply 23
I have a provisional offer for a work coach position and it sounds like that means I'm on a reserve list until July. Just wondering if people are being pulled from the list/how long they are waiting to hear anything. A bit stuck as to whether I wait it out until I hear from dwp or go for a different job offer

Hey I’m on the same boat, till July. An on the online application says recruiting till April may June , so don’t get why they have July on my application but worried tbh , I hear they will be more campaigns
Reply 24
Original post by Bibirk
Hey I’m on the same boat, till July. An on the online application says recruiting till April may June , so don’t get why they have July on my application but worried tbh , I hear they will be more campaigns

It's so hard to know what to do but I got picked up so you never know! I've read on other forums etc that it could literally be the case of not physically having enough space to train everyone and be covid safe so they're doing it slowly. You'd think if that was the case they'd tell us though
Original post by Bibirk
How long have u been on the reserve list for ? Is anyone reserve from east London

Hi,

I only recieved my email reserve list yesterday.
It's the Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire area.

Annoying, but from what I've read many do get offers after being on the reserves. So pleased I read through this forum though as I would been massively disappointed, getting the dbs through etc gives you a false sense of hope.
Reply 26
It's so hard to know what to do but I got picked up so you never know! I've read on other forums etc that it could literally be the case of not physically having enough space to train everyone and be covid safe so they're doing it slowly. You'd think if that was the case they'd tell us though

True just have to be positive and our turn arrives . What region are u aplying for
Reply 27
Hey all, I've applied for West Mids - Black Country and have been on the reserve list since 9th April 2021. I passed my interview on 23rd March. Since passing the interview I've been exchanging emails with vetting as they wanted a personal reference. I finally managed to get a suitable reference sent to them just on 27th April. I've received my DBS and PECS done. I was shocked too to be put on reserve as well after passing all the checks. It was disheartening and I've heard it is a process that they apparently have with spaces/training/health and safety etc
Just waiting if/and when a position is offered. But looking on here and other forums, we've all had similar experiences. So I guess it'll either take ages or may not even get an offer in the end. I've been reading and people have resigned from their current jobs thinking they've got this job at DWP. Really feel for those people.
I'm applying for other jobs but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one going through this waiting game. It has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me as well as I just want to move from my current job. I know someone already at DWP and they were saying that people are being invited in batches big and small to get trained. So, not sure on what basis people are removed from the list. I think the best advice is if you get a call/email then that's amazing if not...move on. It's not worth the stress that we're being put through by waiting and being on edge checking emails/phone constantly. Our mental health is worth much more.
Best of luck to all anyway
Reply 28
Really horrible, so stressful wondering if/when they will be in touch! Fingers crossed its not too long!

Is area have u guys applied , I’m also still waiting
Reply 29
Original post by Bibirk
Is area have u guys applied , I’m also still waiting

I applied for West Yorkshire and ended up with an offer for Wakefield
Reply 30
Original post by Bibirk
True just have to be positive and our turn arrives . What region are u aplying for

I applied for west yorkshire
Reply 31
Original post by Aburton86
Thank you for your reply! Congratulations too :smile: hopefully I won’t be waiting too much longer 🤞🏻 Was it 2 and a half weeks after you heard you had passed everything or were you put on the reserve list if you don’t mind me asking? Cx

I’m also waiting , been two weeks. London region
Sorry to jump on! I got my reserved list email 14/04 and email 27/04 stating I passed pre-employment checks - But my Australian Police clearance letter didn't arrive until today - so unsure how I passed without that.I'm hoping to get a call or email - currently have a position but not enjoying it. Did anyone get call backs from North east from the reserved list? They said there isn't anything available in my area - however, I haven't even selected an area. The application was for all of Tyneside and Northumbria Also, Ive seen on other threads a discussion of scores? I can't seem to find mine now when I log in because it just says
Reply 33
Original post by SonrisaSol

Hey, yes I heard on the 09/04 I had passed my pre-employment checks and on the same day I was emailed that I had been placed on the reserve list. Then I got a call last Tuesday (27th) and was given a formal offer so it was just under a 3 week wait x
Thanks for letting me know. It's really encouraging. Good luck with your new job 🙂
Original post by Sharna2102
Sorry to jump on! I got my reserved list email 14/04 and email 27/04 stating I passed pre-employment checks - But my Australian Police clearance letter didn't arrive until today - so unsure how I passed without that.I'm hoping to get a call or email - currently have a position but not enjoying it. Did anyone get call backs from North east from the reserved list? They said there isn't anything available in my area - however, I haven't even selected an area. The application was for all of Tyneside and Northumbria Also, Ive seen on other threads a discussion of scores? I can't seem to find mine now when I log in because it just says

Hi,

I read through some previous forums and some people had already started work before their PECs completed. It's a strange system.

I also read the scoring is from a previous campaign and the most recent one has changed. My feedback was a mix of excellent, substantial and an adequate - I presumed that was my scoring.
I had a call earlier to offer me a full time role :smile: xx
Original post by Aburton86
I had a call earlier to offer me a full time role :smile: xx

Aww congratulations. Which area are you?
Hi guys I’ve been I got a provisional offer on the 31/03 and also got the reserve list email that day, I submitted my pec checks and they cleared and completed on the 9/04 it’s been nearly 2 months and I haven’t heard anything. Is anyone on the reserve list for south London? And waiting for a formal offer? This is so frustrating and nerve wracking
They didn't call, got an email. It could be though, different areas/managers might do things differently 🤷*♀️

Have you heard anything since you received your email last week? The one I had asked me to respond by Monday with my earliest start date, then once that is received someone will call me. (I’m still awaiting a call).

I’ve subsequently received another email today telling me that I’m still on the reserve list, and that more jobs will be advertised and it’s up to me if I want to apply if the areas I’ve applied to are not included in the latest release of vacancies......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending