The Student Room Group

Resume

I have not start my undergraduate studies yet but I am already preparing a Resume.
For Resume that will be used for internship applications, how important are the following.
1. A Levels
2. Exams like STEP and ENGAA
3. Online short courses (usually on edX, coursera and the open university)
4. Extracurricular activities (like sports, music and community involvement)
CV master here. I keep mines fairly basic. Only put your highest attained qualifactions. So if your maximum attainment was A levels. Use A levels dont bother with GCSEs. My highest attainment was college qualifications (HNC) however im an undergraduate now so I have placed my current acdemic studies in there too.

Dont bother with online courses. Unless its career specific (six sigma etc) most wont care. Alot of online courses have expiry dates on them and most arent even recognised.

Put your career history in. Doesnt matter what job it is. If its bog cleaner to micky dees burger flipper. Put it in. Use professional language when stating your role there. Dont say oh cleaned toilets... say maintain clean practices in company bathroom facilities to a high standard. Wow them that you take pride and work to a high standard.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Shaqiloheal
CV master here. I keep mines fairly basic. Only put your highest attained qualifactions. So if your maximum attainment was A levels. Use A levels dont bother with GCSEs. My highest attainment was college qualifications (HNC) however im an undergraduate now so I have placed my current acdemic studies in there too.

Dont bother with online courses. Unless its career specific (six sigma etc) most wont care. Alot of online courses have expiry dates on them and most arent even recognised.

Put your career history in. Doesnt matter what job it is. If its bog cleaner to micky dees burger flipper. Put it in. Use professional language when stating your role there. Dont say oh cleaned toilets... say maintain clean practices in company bathroom facilities to a high standard. Wow them that you take pride and work to a high standard.

As an international student, we have to pay a lot more for university. I got offers from very good unis like UCL and Toronto
But I am going to a less prestigious university due to financial difficulties.
Should I put university offers onto my CV/Resume?
Original post by Anonymous
As an international student, we have to pay a lot more for university. I got offers from very good unis like UCL and Toronto

Don't put your university offers or which university you're going to in your CV...

You should only write about relevant things you are currently doing or have completed
Original post by Anonymous

You need to stop using sayings like "prestigious university"

Employers will look at that as a person who thinks they are better than others or cut from the better side of the cloth. It comes across pretentious.

CV contains what your completed education and working experience is. If youre about to finish a qualification, add that too and put a predicted grade (if known) in. Dont say youre A student when your predicted says C.

Stick to the facts.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending