The Student Room Group

Maternity leave during MSc

I'm beginning my Masters at MMU this September due to finish next July. My due date is end of May. Wondering if there are financial implications if I take maternity leave during my studies and pick my studies back up later?
Original post by epicgang432
I'm beginning my Masters at MMU this September due to finish next July. My due date is end of May. Wondering if there are financial implications if I take maternity leave during my studies and pick my studies back up later?

Hi there,

You would need to suspend your studies and any payments you have received, you would just keep as the entitlement is a capped amount anyway, so when you resume you would just receive the remainder of entitlement. You need to resume within 2 years, otherwise you would need to provide a cover letter with your child's birth certificate to confirm that you had Compelling Personal Reasons for your suspension.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Hi Clare

Thank you. Is there any time that's better to suspend my studies i.e before the next installment is due? Or will it be okay if I pause my studies at any time without financial implication?

Many thanks
Original post by epicgang432
Hi Clare

Thank you. Is there any time that's better to suspend my studies i.e before the next installment is due? Or will it be okay if I pause my studies at any time without financial implication?

Many thanks

Hi there,

If you suspend before the payment is due then this will avoid any overpayment of loan being made to you. If you contact the university or us via telephone at least 5 working days before the payment is released we can block this for you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending