The Student Room Group

what is more important?

On the reading list we have essential reading, further reading and recommended reading? After essential reading, which of the latter are more important?
Original post by UneBellePatience
On the reading list we have essential reading, further reading and recommended reading? After essential reading, which of the latter are more important?

Hey @UneBellePatience,

Here at Reading, it goes in this priority order:
Essential reading
Recommended reading
Further reading

Essential and recommended are the ones that we are told to focus on, so its probably the same at your uni I would imagine. I always try and do both of these, then I use the further readings for my essays and exams etc.

I hope this helps - I know reading lists can be confusing! Good luck with the studying.

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @UneBellePatience,

Here at Reading, it goes in this priority order:
Essential reading
Recommended reading
Further reading

Essential and recommended are the ones that we are told to focus on, so its probably the same at your uni I would imagine. I always try and do both of these, then I use the further readings for my essays and exams etc.

I hope this helps - I know reading lists can be confusing! Good luck with the studying.

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student

Hi Daisy,

Thank you, that definitely helps :smile:

Hi there,

Hope you're well :smile:

Just thought I'd chime in and say that at Liverpool our list of priority is also; essential, further and recommended. I like to make little notes to myself about what the readings about, and summarise key points (it helps when you've got exams and you completely forget which readings about what!).

Good luck in your studies!

Ana :h:
University of Liverpool Rep.
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Hope you're well :smile:

Just thought I'd chime in and say that at Liverpool our list of priority is also; essential, further and recommended. I like to make little notes to myself about what the readings about, and summarise key points (it helps when you've got exams and you completely forget which readings about what!).

Good luck in your studies!

Ana :h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Hi Ana, thanks alot!! You too :smile:
Hi Ana, thanks alot!! You too :smile:

You're very welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending