The Student Room Group

Advice for Sixth form/ College

Hi, I’m going into sixth form in September. (It’s actually a sixth form college) This last year has been extremely tough and it would really help if anyone has any tips for preparing for sixth form
Firstly, and probably most importantly, relax and take some time off to recharge. Then I'd suggest going over the GCSE content relevant to your A-Levels to make sure you're confident on that but nearer to September. Don't worry about doing any pre-reading on the A-Level courses though as your teachers will teach you everything you need to know and give you the necessary guidance that you'll need once you start sixth form.
Once you are in sixth form, I do suggest making sure that you don't let yourself fall behind. If you don't understand a concept, ask your teachers to clarify it until you get it and make sure you do all the work they set on time. Also, actually do something during your study periods. It doesn't matter if you do homework, do independent study, make revision resources or do exam questions/papers as long as you get something done. My friends and I used most of our year 12 study periods as free relaxation breaks and that meant we had more work to do at home and more revision to get done when it got to exams which just added to our stress.
But yeah, relax for most of the summer and then go over relevant GCSE content the week before school starts.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kaorimiyazono
Firstly, and probably most importantly, relax and take some time off to recharge. Then I'd suggest going over the GCSE content relevant to your A-Levels to make sure you're confident on that but nearer to September. Don't worry about doing any pre-reading on the A-Level courses though as your teachers will teach you everything you need to know and give you the necessary guidance that you'll need once you start sixth form.
Once you are in sixth form, I do suggest making sure that you don't let yourself fall behind. If you don't understand a concept, ask your teachers to clarify it until you get it and make sure you do all the work they set on time. Also, actually do something during your study periods. It doesn't matter if you do homework, do independent study, make revision resources or do exam questions/papers as long as you get something done. My friends and I used most of our year 12 study periods as free relaxation breaks and that meant we had more work to do at home and more revision to get done when it got to exams which just added to our stress.
But yeah, relax for most of the summer and then go over relevant GCSE content the week before school starts.
Good luck :smile:

Thank you for the help :smile:
Original post by Pa0703
Thank you for the help :smile:

Np :smile: Enjoy your summer and good luck with sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending