The Student Room Group

Is studying criminology fun?

I'm considering studying criminology in uni and I want some opinions on this subject
(edited 2 years ago)
Hiya, I do criminology at Lancaster and I really enjoy it, did you have any unis in mind? :smile:
Original post by haizw
I'm considering studying criminology in uni and I want some opinions on this subject

Hi there,

I am a current Sociology student at the University of Bath and have taken multiple criminology modules. The University of Bath's criminology course focuses on global, contemporary issues surrounding crime and criminal justice. You can check out the course page here, to see what a criminology course is like and what it involves.

The criminology modules were personally some of my favourites on my course, I studied modules on crime and the media, ideas about terrorism and the sociology of criminal justice policy. All of which were engaging and taught by leading criminal justice researchers and criminologists, who have extensive experience in the field. You also have the option to do a placement year, where you can gain experience in the field, with a previous student undertaking a placement in the HM Prison and Probation Service.

Undertaking a degree in Criminology can lead into many careers, including in the civil service, law, a prison or police officer, research, a probation officer, a social worker or a youth worker.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask :smile:

Isobel (A Final Year Sociology Student)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending