The Student Room Group

Do people usually get a correct first impression of you?

Mostly not for me....Wby?

Scroll to see replies

Not always. They make an assumption without speaking with me first and then they usually have the wrong impression
Not really because I'm very reserved and more of an observer in public.
Not really.. it takes time to fully understand my personality.
Reply 4
Original post by pinkbunnybear12

No.

a noticeable amount of people seem to negatively stereotype me. I went to start a new job the other day. 2 of the people who were also working there were sitting on the train a little bit next to me (we hadn't met yet), ...then finally when we got to work and i realised who they were i talked to one of the guys and said i was new. he seemed surprised but seemed alright with me. The second guy however gave me this sort of "this guy looks dodgy, i don't really want to be working with him" sorta look and barely said two words for me the rest of the time there.

anyways long story short, the first guy ended up having some kind of breakdown and then most people eventually went home in the end (including myself)

in a second job (a few days later after i decided i wasn't going back to the first job) I went for an induction and the woman had calculated the number of people wrong for the room sizes (they could not hold much due to social distancing) so she had to send a couple of people home. (including myself)
you should have seen her when was explaining it to me, explaining that i had to go home, it was like she was scared i would kick off, i could see it in her body language. she spent almost the entire time apologising to me and not the other woman who was also being sent home too. her eyes were squarely fixed on me, and watching for my reactions whilst apologising like a gazillion times. almost like she was expecting me to attack her or something.
Reply 5

Not sure
Gonna go with no.
Turns out I am not remy from ratatouille :yy:
Dont know, I've never really asked them.
Usually. They usually don't get the deadpan humour and think I'm rude or autistic.
Nope, most of the time people think I am older than I am. Or they think I am a lot more confident than I actually am.
(edited 2 years ago)
Nope as well. My friends say that I had RBF and a monotonous voice when they first met me 😂
Nope lol, people think i am more outgoing than i seem.
No, because I rarely act like my real self with new people.
Reply 13
No because they think I'm nice to everyone haha. In fact I can be brutal to the people who deserve it.
But mostly correct, I am a very nice person in most cases and I actively avoid conflict. But I think people don't really know how many mental issues I have lol.
No. Don’t judge a book by its cover lol
they think im pretty fly for a white guy :h:
No. :laugh:
Takes a while for too many people to realise that the combination of quiet, petite and female living alone does not mean willing to appease the demands of 90% the world's bad apples: the entitled, loudmouths with a respect agenda or habitual criminals that demand automatic obedience.
Comes as quite a shock when the reality hits that I'm not lonely, desperate or willing to tolerate being mistaken for the carpet/dustbin/punchbag. :cool:

dont know, dont care.

A persons first impression of you is never really about you, its about them.
Nope. I purposely make false impressions toward people lol
Most of the time no. But that could be because I am almost equal parts introverted & extroverted, so sometimes when I’ve been hibernating for a long time I become super chatty. Other times, I am just the mysterious observer, so often different people have different opinions about whether I am “quiet” or not.

Also, in general, we don’t show our whole personalities when we first meet people 🤷🏻*♀️ that’s normal. My humour is not for everyone and I won’t start making jokes before I know how that person will react.

Quick Reply

Latest