The Student Room Group

Where do you get your personality from?

Want to see your guys opinions

Scroll to see replies

I mean I have a personality disorder- trauma, piss poor parenting and bad genetics.
I got mine from ebay. It was quite the bargain
Er.

Well.... I dunno lol but everyone's personality is based on pregnancy care, early childhood development, experiences, environment, culture, education and societal standards, as well as horoscopes.
my one came from kfc, quite yummy
well, a personality disorder - I'm bipolar :redface:
BPD :borat:
Original post by AestheticStudying

Luckily that doesnt stop you from picking a good pfp
Original post by tej3141
Luckily that doesnt stop you from picking a good pfp

awww why thank u :u:
Original post by glassalice
I mean I have a personality disorder- trauma, piss poor parenting and bad genetics.

Original post by Hazzz01
BPD :borat:

My people :biggrin:

:grouphugs:

I believe bipolar is a mood disorder as opposed to a personality disorder? :colondollar: Hugs either way though :penguinhug:
Bullying.
God felt sorry that he gave me such a hard life so he blessed me with an amazing personality. I'll take it

Bipolar is a mood disorder.
a unique personality
Disney movies
Genetics and environment.
Probably just abstractions of different things I've witnessed in life as well as my uncles / family.
im quite defensive and don't trust people which stems from going to a bad school. i think its really important to have some good friends who who like and respect you to build character and self worth.
Mostly, you learn it from the people around you. Much like how you learn how to walk or speak.

When you are born, you're a blank slate. You learn how to deal with emotions from your parents. If they do a bad job, or for other environmental reasons this gets disrupted, that's how you develop personality issues. And this happens from day 0 of when you are born.

You start learning to speak when you're about 1 or 2 years old, and you develop most of that up until about the age of 20. Imagine trying to re-learn all of that at the age of 30, but with different grammar. That's how I like to compare trying to fix a personality disorder, except that often is even harder. It depends a lot on at what age your upbringing got screwed up.

Some people are more susceptible to developing some personality types than others. But ultimately it's your upbringing that gives that the final push it needs in that direction. Some people just need more push than others.
Brother, father, mother, uncle, uncle, uncle, uncle, uncle, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, grandad, grandad, grandad, grandad, grandma, grandma, grandma, grandma, grandma.

Quick Reply

Latest