The Student Room Group

Why do people care

Why do people care about what others think of them?
I don't care, but my brain does.
The real questions is: why do you care that other people care about what others think of them?
Because humans are social animals and our happiness, or a great deal of it anyways, stems from the relationships around us (in any form-work/friends/family/romantic)
If we don’t care about other people’s reactions then those relationships are strained or non existent -we want them to like us and care to maintain those bonds.

In short -it’s good to care what certain people think a certain amount about certain issues
It’s not healthy to care too much or not care at all.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tej3141
The real questions is: why do you care that other people care about what others think of them?

It's true

That's the real question
For anyone who cares too much, may I please direct you to r/HTNGAF
Because that's how my anxiety works
Social drives
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

Because I feel like I annoy others and I have no friends
you obviously don't if you're going to ask a stupid question off anon
(edited 2 years ago)
You can go full circle and hate yourself so much you just give up, can't worry what people think when you couldn't see yourself any lower.
Reply 11
I just don’t want to embarrass myself like I don't want attention in public and **** or in general
Reply 12
Life

how do you not? how?

Because of the spotlight effect!
The spotlight effect is the phenomenon in which people tend to believe they are being noticed more than they really are. Being that one is constantly in the center of one's own world, an accurate evaluation of how much one is noticed by others is uncommon

Quick Reply

Latest