The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics application in lse

Hello,I wonder is it possible for me to get an Economics offer in lse with AS FM(pending A),AL economics,maths and chemistry.Would I be disadvantaged?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,I wonder is it possible for me to get an Economics offer in lse with AS FM(pending A),AL economics,maths and chemistry.Would I be disadvantaged?

Disadvantaged by what? Doing Further Maths up to AS? Not necessarily, doing further maths for a year looks better than not at all, especially if you get an A since then it doesn't look like you dropped it bcos you found it too hard. You get given a 3 A-level offer so you only need 3. Your subjects themselves are perfectly fine since technically the only requirement is maths but economics is obviously good as well. Chemistry is fine, although an essay writing subject may have looked better since LSE is very humanities and social science-esque but I don't think that really matters too much as long as you get the grades and show yourself off enough in your personal statement.
(edited 2 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by JustSomeGuy:/
Disadvantaged by what? Doing Further Maths up to AS? Not necessarily, doing further maths for a year looks better than not at all, especially if you get an A since then it doesn't look like you dropped it bcos you found it too hard. You get given a 3 A-level offer so you only need 3. Your subjects themselves are perfectly fine since technically the only requirement is maths but economics is obviously good as well. Chemistry is fine, although an essay writing subject may have looked better since LSE is very humanities and social science-esque but I don't think that really matters too much as long as you get the grades and show yourself off enough in your personal statement.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending