The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is anyone selling London School of Economics Graduation Hood?

I am graduating in 2021, and I have my graduation ceremony on 9th July 2021.

I have managed to book my gown, but have not been able to find the appropriate academic hood.

Is it possible to buy or hire from someone at such short notice?
Original post by 123butterfly
I am graduating in 2021, and I have my graduation ceremony on 9th July 2021.

I have managed to book my gown, but have not been able to find the appropriate academic hood.

Is it possible to buy or hire from someone at such short notice?

Id be surprised if your university doesn’t have a rental service for this stuff.

I think ede & ravenscroft are probably the most common place to lease from but id see if your university has a centralized system.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mnot
Id be surprised if your university doesn’t have a rental service for this stuff.

I think ede & ravenscroft are probably the most common place to lease from but id see if your university has a centralized system.

Hi, yes the official provider is Ede & Ravenscroft but I got stuck due to a family issue and couldn’t book in time
Hi, yes the official provider is Ede & Ravenscroft but I got stuck due to a family issue and couldn’t book in time

I think they often allow on the day rentals (subject to stock), of course this was all pre-covid. I would contact them tosee if this is possible though.
Original post by mnot
I think they often allow on the day rentals (subject to stock), of course this was all pre-covid. I would contact them tosee if this is possible though.

Thanks for the advice- checking currently 👍
Thanks for the advice- checking currently 👍

If you go to here (https://graduation-services.edeandravenscroft.com/graduation-events-2021/) and select 'Not attending a graduation event', then you can still order it and enter all the necessary sizes, etc. They'll deliver the full academic dress to your home address within a few days. Its a bit more expensive, but you get to keep it for 7 days rather than collecting it and returning it on the same day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending