The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

How do you get into the open university?

If I don’t get into my firm choice of university, I have decided I would like to do the open university instead. Is this possible? Do I go through clearing for this? Or do I apply now?
Original post by sadbabypanda
If I don’t get into my firm choice of university, I have decided I would like to do the open university instead. Is this possible? Do I go through clearing for this? Or do I apply now?

OU isn't selective. You don't use UCAS you just enrol on the course. All the information is on their website.

You'll need to reapply for student finance using the part time application as OU is only eligible for pt funding (and only tuition fees loan - no maintenance loan)

Don't enrol unless you're willing to pay fees in line with the cancellation conditions if you're not sure about if you'll be taking the course or not.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by PQ
OU isn't selective. You don't use UCAS you just enrol on the course. All the information is on their website.

You'll need to reapply for student finance using the part time application as OU is only eligible for pt funding (and only tuition fees loan - no maintenance loan)

Don't enrol unless you're willing to pay fees in line with the cancellation conditions if you're not sure about if you'll be taking the course or not.

Thank you so much. Will I be able to enrol and change my student finance to part time in mid August (after results) or will that be too late?
Original post by sadbabypanda
Thank you so much. Will I be able to enrol and change my student finance to part time in mid August (after results) or will that be too late?

Yes - but you should be ready to pay your fees for the first term up front in case your finance is delayed - once it's sorted and paid by SFE then OU will refund you

Quick Reply

Latest