The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Landscape architecture Edinburgh

Hi I’ve got offers from Edinburgh and Sheffield, any tips on which to choose? How difficult are these courses, as you only need an ABB to get in.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Polopolis50
Hi I’ve got offers from Edinburgh and Sheffield, any tips on which to choose? How difficult are these courses, as you only need an ABB to get in.
Hi,

Congratulations on getting offers.

Deciding which university to go to can be really tricky, some things I used to make my decision were:

-What is covered in the course?
Your degree is the reason you are at university, you want it to e something you can do for a few years and the more you like it the more likely you are to put effort in and do well. Also, look at how things are taught and assessed. Is there a difference between the universities, do you think you would prefer one style over the other?

-City
Have you visited either university? There are a few open days for offer holders coming up for Sheffield. When I went to open days, I walked around the city as well as the university. I really liked how many parks Sheffield has, its proximity to the peak district, and that Meadowhall was easy to get to for when I wanted to go shopping.

-Distance from home
How easy is it to travel between your uni and home, and how much do you want to be making this journey. This is something that everyone will have a different opinion of, some people like being able to drive home whenever they feel like and want to be quite close to home, others want to feel more independent and want to be further away.

If you want to talk to some current students about the course, University of Sheffield have a chat to us function, https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat

Hope this helps,

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi,

Congratulations on getting offers.

Deciding which university to go to can be really tricky, some things I used to make my decision were:

-What is covered in the course?
Your degree is the reason you are at university, you want it to e something you can do for a few years and the more you like it the more likely you are to put effort in and do well. Also, look at how things are taught and assessed. Is there a difference between the universities, do you think you would prefer one style over the other?

-City
Have you visited either university? There are a few open days for offer holders coming up for Sheffield. When I went to open days, I walked around the city as well as the university. I really liked how many parks Sheffield has, its proximity to the peak district, and that Meadowhall was easy to get to for when I wanted to go shopping.

-Distance from home
How easy is it to travel between your uni and home, and how much do you want to be making this journey. This is something that everyone will have a different opinion of, some people like being able to drive home whenever they feel like and want to be quite close to home, others want to feel more independent and want to be further away.

If you want to talk to some current students about the course, University of Sheffield have a chat to us function, https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat

Hope this helps,

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)
Thanks for replying and all the tips. I’ve checked the course details and I think I’m heading towards Edinburgh!
Original post by Polopolis50
Thanks for replying and all the tips. I’ve checked the course details and I think I’m heading towards Edinburgh!

I am pleased you have worked out which one is right for you! Have an amazing time in Edinburgh!
I will let Lizzie know,

Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending