The Student Room Group

ALevel AQA Language Investigation

I am unsure of what to do for my language investigation. I was considering language in nazi propaganda but if i'm unable to do this, could someone suggest some ideas that I could do that are related to history? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by lilcordi
I am unsure of what to do for my language investigation. I was considering language in nazi propaganda but if i'm unable to do this, could someone suggest some ideas that I could do that are related to history? Thank you :smile:

That sounds really interesting! Preferably you’d want to do something that would allow you to reference theorists and concepts that you’ve already learnt in lessons.. so for me that was gender, occupation, age, accents/dialects, sexuality etc… You could compare two historical leaders (regarding Propaganda, you could maybe analyse War time speeches like Churchill’s) and then compare it to another speech in history with the same context? Remember, I believe it must originally be in English! But that idea would give you lots of context to talk about which is great for the marking criteria! I personally did mine on the Queen’s speeches throughout time and analysed it with accent and dialect theorists. I also know someone who compared Trump’s and Obama’s speeches and it did very well! (Its easy to analyse data if you compare too!) Hope that helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending