The Student Room Group

Postgrad Offers

Hi

I have postgrad offers for these courses:

MSc Computer Science [online, 2 years], York University
MSc Architectural History & Theory, Edinburgh University
MSc Data Analytics, Oxford Brookes

The York course is a 100% online masters, part time and 2 years.

Is it possible to study a full time masters AND a part time masters together? So, I'd study either (Oxford + York) OR (Edinburgh + York) simultaneously, depending on which full time masters I choose...?

Thank you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SarahWood

Is it possible to study a full time masters AND a part time masters together? So, I'd study either (Oxford + York) OR (Edinburgh + York) simultaneously, depending on which full time masters I choose...?

Most universities rules explicitly state that you cannot be registered at two different institutions at the same time so probably not. On a practical note, if you have a clash for timetabled exams, assessed work deadlines, vivas etc neither university is likely to give you time off to focus on the other course.
I wouldn't recommend studying two postgrads or two masters level courses from different unis together, particularly not if you also have to work.
I've gone down that path; it is an extremely stressful and physically exhausting one.

Student finance will only pay funding for one eligible postgrad.
Many unis have rules that prohibit students from being simultaneously enrolled at another uni to study any courses of the same or a similar level for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending