The Student Room Group

Student how are you getting on with placement in Nursing and Midwifery?

It has been hell working in wards with some of the supervisors as they use this saying you are in year two you ought to know this? Is it better to communicate with a student rather than shouting or making a student loose confidence in her skills? Let’s discuss about it please!
Reply 1
Where to start...
I'm a practice assessor/supervisor.
I remember the placement which absolutely destroyed my confidence. It took a fair while to get over that.

"you should know this you're 2nd year" isn't the attitude for someone to take. Everyone has things they don't know.
Reply 2
In this season DON’T be satisfied with better be satisfied with COMPLETE.

I’m not giving up on my promise Lord🙌🏽. You would never bring me this far to leave me 🙏🏽 🙏 🙏 🙏 Let’s keep giving ourselves confidence Emily l felt the same as l missed a lot in postnatal with the pandemic and my supervisor just ask me to “TWOC” these midwifery abbreviations sometimes they are hard either some you know but when they are said you get to think twice IOL; kkkkkkk (induction of labour) It shall be well let’s keep pushing and communicating with the supervisors where we don’t understand let’s ask for reflection but all depends because l felt as if not all are teachers to be honestly these supervisors!
Reply 3
Another supervisor said you ought to read and find your way and l said thank you! But the whole shift she did not talk to me and she was not either engaging with me in all what she was doing! I was scared either to ask her anything I felt left out and either when you show compassion to learn the attitude and environment felt very unbearable sometimes!
Reply 4
We are the cohort which have to put on with lots of stress whilst we are paying for our degree! Stress brings illness and when you miss a lot you have to accomplish the hours and skills in order to qualify!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending