University of Warwick 2022 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Which college at Cambridge?

St Catz
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Anyone received a Global Sustainable Development (GSD) offer yet?
Hi, I'm applying for Physics with Astrophysics MPhys at Warwick. My other courses are a bit of a mix: 2 are Natural Sciences, 1 is Astrophysics and another is Physics with Astrophysics.
At A-level I'm predicted A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Physics and A EPQ.
I got 998888775 in my GCSEs.
My other uni choices are Cambridge (Fitzwilliam College), Lancaster, Bristol and QMUL.
I applied early October and I am a home student.
My reason for applying to Warwick is that I love the campus (I visited an open day in early October), I love the modules for my course and of course the reputation of the university is a huge motivation for applying there.
hi i've applied for maths and physics and predicted A* in maths FM and physics and A in DT (got 9999999988 at GCSE) and am now nervously waiting :s-smilie: i applied just before the early deadline lol.
my other uni choices are cambridge (corpus christi), bath, york and southampton
i chose warwick because the course looks really good and flexible (i like choice) and i have family nearby which will be nice
Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

Hi, Congratulations I’ve applied for PPE as well! I applied by the Oxford deadline as I’m applying there too. I was wondering if you applied before or after this date as well :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by damnitdot
Omg well done! I'm planning on applying to warwick next year for 2023 entry (im in y12 rn). Would it be possible to see your personal statement as there isn't much guidance for Warwick PPE online! :smile:

There are quite a lot of PPE personal statements online. Also one thing I did to get more guidance is look at the individual course subject based personal statements. For example, look at politics personal statements and philosophy personal statements, or even for joint degrees like economics and politics or philosophy and politics.

Here are some links:
https://www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples/philosophy-politics-and-economics-ppe-personal-statement

https://www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples/economics-personal-statement-examples

https://www.uniadmissions.co.uk/personal-statement-preparation/guides/successful-personal-statement-ppe-oxford/

The links are also good because below the personal statements, it shows the universities they got offers from, most of not all the PPE PS were successful at Warwick. If you’re looking to get into other universities as well then they menu button allows you to look as PS that we’re successful at particular unis (I think) but keep in mind the universities took other factor eg grades and references into account! :smile:

The last link is specifically is for a successful Oxford PPE personal statement, but it was also successful at Warwick.
Just got an offer for Liberal Arts!
Just got an offer for Liberal Arts!

wow well done!! When did you apply and are you a home or an international student?
Hi guys, I submitted my UCAS yesterday evening. Have received email acknowledgements (saying that they have received my application from 3 of my 5 choices) but not yet from Warwick. Around when do they send out acknowledgement emails?

Also, have they started giving out law offers? Thanks a lot!
I got my email a couple of days later :smile:

Original post by foamroller23
Hi guys, I submitted my UCAS yesterday evening. Have received email acknowledgements (saying that they have received my application from 3 of my 5 choices) but not yet from Warwick. Around when do they send out acknowledgement emails?

Also do Warwick ask for any additional info except the ucas form? a couple of my unis have asked for additional info but warwick hasn't so I was just wondering :smile: (I am applying for Econ bsc)

Got mine within 24 hours and no they haven’t started sending out law offers
Original post by TheClaimsGuys
Got mine within 24 hours and no they haven’t started sending out law offers

Thanks for replying mate. I was under the false impression that it was an automatic process (you submit ucas, and they send back within minutes) but thats wrong apparently lmao. All the best for your application :smile:
Thanks for replying mate. I was under the false impression that it was an automatic process (you submit ucas, and they send back within minutes) but thats wrong apparently lmao. All the best for your application :smile:

Yeah don't worry, the fact that you've had acknowledgement emails from other unis is enough to tell you that things have gone through correctly :smile:
Original post by Interea
Yeah don't worry, the fact that you've had acknowledgement emails from other unis is enough to tell you that things have gone through correctly :smile:

I hadn't thought of it that way lol. Thanks and good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 195
Also do Warwick ask for any additional info except the ucas form? a couple of my unis have asked for additional info but warwick hasn't so I was just wondering :smile: (I am applying for Econ bsc)

No they dont, you can submit the Awards form for mitigating circumstances but they will ask for official gcse, a level certificates if and once they give out an offer.

even I applied for bsc econ 🧡
I’m applying for maths. My predicted grades are A*A*A* in further maths, biology and chemistry and I achieved an A* in maths last year. My GCSEs are 9999999999, and I did GCSE + AS maths in year 10. I’m just excited at the prospect of interacting with other girls who love maths and engaging in that community. If any other girls are applying for maths pm me!
Any home PPE offers yet ???
Original post by garysxg
Any home PPE offers yet ???

Someone claimed they had an offer for home but they’ve not proven it and I don’t think they’re citizens of The U.K so no.
Any home bsc economics offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest