Original post by Agbudd
Yep, received one today :smile:

Congrats btw!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Agbudd
Yep, received one today :smile:

Congratulations - that's great news! Hope you don't mind me asking, but what are your stats? :smile:
Reply 982
Original post by Anonymous
No way! What was the offer? I was told I had to wait until after the UCAS deadline (jan)

AAA
Any other history offers than to what's on the tracker?
Reply 984
Congratulations - that's great news! Hope you don't mind me asking, but what are your stats? :smile:

Thanks! 9999999988 in GCSE, A*A*A* predicted in A level bio, psych and history and A* predicted in EPQ
What course are you applying for?
1) Accounting and Finance BSc
What are your predicted grades?
2) A*A*A (Achieved) and 987777764 in GCSE
Why Warwick?
3) Great uni reputation, great job prospects!
4) LSE, Durham, UCL, nottingham

just sent my application off a few days ago, hopefully an offer soon!! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Angelj16
What course are you applying for?
1) Accounting and Finance BSc
What are your predicted grades?
2) A*A*A (Achieved) and 987777764 in GCSE
Why Warwick?
3) Great uni reputation, great job prospects!
4) LSE, Bristol, UCL, nottingham

just sent my application off a few days ago, hopefully an offer soon!! :smile:

what course did u apply for in UCL?
Original post by geek_kid
I applied yesterday (October 31st) for Computer Science MEng. I am predicted A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science)

I got an offer yesterday (January 7th)
Original post by mtzkie
Hi! Any international applicants planning to have a go for the Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship?
I wanted to know if anyone has received an email with details on how to apply for this scholarship/link to scholarship application portal.

Hey fellow international, no I haven’t received anything yet and it’s a bit worrying cos the deadline is soon. Pleaseeee please lemme know when you receive it so I know what to expect. What course are you applying to btw and have you got an offer from warwick? Nice talking to another international student!!
I’ve heard Warwick makes you pick 6 accommodations. Does anyone have any recommendations and know how the university chooses which one to place you in?
I’ve heard Warwick makes you pick 6 accommodations. Does anyone have any recommendations and know how the university chooses which one to place you in?

Yes, they also ask you some basic lifestyle questions (like parties, etc.) bas3d on which they allot . no guarantees, but it's not the end of the world, folks like what they're given..

Best if you ask your acco questions on this thread : AMA manned by several current wwk students..
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6421052&page=3

All the best.

First year at Warwick here. Yeah you pick 6, at least 3 shared bathroom halls, as a priority list. They pick your hall by random, although how random I'm not sure. You also answer a few questions like preferring quiet to same gender area, which I suspect doesn't actually change your odds with the halls, just means you get to put in a certain area with quiet, same gender people etc.

There's lots of info on different threads here so I won't go into detail, but very broadly Rootes is the most social one, Bluebell is fancy, over the top pricey and international, and a couple ones like Lakeside are quiet and further from campus.
Original post by *****deadness
First year at Warwick here. Yeah you pick 6, at least 3 shared bathroom halls, as a priority list. They pick your hall by random, although how random I'm not sure. You also answer a few questions like preferring quiet to same gender area, which I suspect doesn't actually change your odds with the halls, just means you get to put in a certain area with quiet, same gender people etc.

There's lots of info on different threads here so I won't go into detail, but very broadly Rootes is the most social one, Bluebell is fancy, over the top pricey and international, and a couple ones like Lakeside are quiet and further from campus.

I really like sherbourne it’s a shame Warwick allocates this way. So you don’t reckon the questions make an impact?
Original post by CricketBoy
Yes, they also ask you some basic lifestyle questions (like parties, etc.) bas3d on which they allot . no guarantees, but it's not the end of the world, folks like what they're given..

Best if you ask your acco questions on this thread : AMA manned by several current wwk students..
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6421052&page=3

All the best.

Thank you.
what course did u apply for in UCL?

management sci
hello I'm wondering if anyone has received biomed offers yet and if so when did you apply thanks :smile:

Hiya, I applied on the 13th of October and I got an offer for biomed on the 17th of November !
Original post by geek_kid
I got an offer yesterday (January 7th)

Did you apply to Imperial for computing
I really like sherbourne it’s a shame Warwick allocates this way. So you don’t reckon the questions make an impact?

Sherbourne is further away from central campus so you might have a decent chance. I myself got my en-suite first choice, although ended up transferring somewhere else. I don't think the questions matter in terms of getting you into the halls you want, but if you genuinely prefer a quiet area etc of course the questions should help.

My daughter first yr there. She got 2nd choice: Jack Martin. Central campus ones are great as so close to everything. Cheap, basic and party accommodation is Rootes. Popular en-suite are JM, Arthur Vick, cryfield townhouses are really nice too.

That’s right!
And if you end up choosing to go to Warwick I’d spend some time looking at the different residences if I were you, because the place you’ll stay at will probably impact your university experience (don’t worry 98% of my friends are happy with their choices and the ppl they live with!)

I live in Jack Martin rn and honestly it’s the best decision I’ve made so far at Warwick. JM was my 1st choice so I got pretty lucky. It’s in central campus and close to most lecture halls and other popular places on campus. The new sports hub is a bit further away but only about 10-15mins so it’s 100% fine.

Now about each rez:

EN SUITES
- JM/AV: Quite similar, en suites, nicely sized rooms (not as big as Bluebell but definitely enough), sharing a kitchen with 10-12ppl. AV is known to be more comfortable with nicer kitchens and more modern rooms but JM is probably a bit more sociable usually and slightly closer to everything on campus.
JM has 4 blocks, one of those has rooms with green walls (it is as bad as it sounds but trust me you get used to it pretty quickly, and if you do Film studies it can be useful!). AV has 3 blocks.
In my opinion, JM is the best accom on campus (but I’m obviously a bit biased).
- Bluebell: nicest accommodation on campus but the most expensive. Rooms are very nice, big and en suite. Although some flats may be more sociable than others, Bluebell sometimes has a reputation for being a bit less sociable in my opinion since it’s pretty much the international accom here, with loads of cultures living together. But most of my friends there are really happy with their choice!
- Lakeside/Heronbank/Sherbourne: I put these 3 together cuz they’re all located at the so-called Lakeside Village. From what I’ve heard, lakeside and heronbank tend to be the quiet accommodations on campus. While Bluebell is not THE most sociable accom here, there are still loads of flat parties (pretty noisy at times) - at lakeside/heronbank however you will be less likely to share a kitchen with a lot of go-outs. There are quite a few but there are mainly quiet students, which can be seen as both a pro and a con. Sherbourne however is a lot more social, I’ve been there a few times and there were always a lot of ppl doing pres around 10pm in the kitchens.
- Cryfield Townhouses: the newest accom on campus and the most comfortable with Bluebell. It seems really nice from the outside and it actually is really nice inside. Like, JM and AV it’s a good pick if you want to be close to central campus but don’t want Bluebell. Cryfield isn’t really central campus but it’s close enough to it. The only issue I see with the townhouses is that you share a townhouse with 11 other ppl but can’t move around freely and go to other townhouses (unless you have a friend’s badge), which makes it harder to meet other students. —> Important: same applies to Bluebell which has doors every 3 metres and require you to have a badge.
- Cryfield Appartments: I don’t know anyone there but it seems quite similar to the townhouses. Only thing is that it has a lot of postgrads I think.

NOW FOR THE SHARED BATHROOMS
- Rootes: The party accom, the one, the legend. It is not as bad as ppl make it sound. I know a lot of students there and pretty much all of them are happy with it. Just don’t put it AT ALL in your top 6 if you don’t want it, because you WILL probably get it since it’s the biggest accom. And if you’re wondering, some flats at Rootes party almost 24/7 and others party twice a month. It all comes down to what you put in your small bio when you apply for accommodation. Warwick does its job really when allocating students, so if you end up with Rootes and are not a huge clubbed don’t worry because you may well end up with people that have similar interests.
- Tocil: A good pick in my opinion. It’s closed to most places on campus and isn’t too pricey. Kitchens and corridors aren’t really big but it isn’t a big issue tbh. Again, not the biggest party accom but good social life.
- Calycroft: I think it’s quite similar to Tocil in terms of social life. Two big pros: 1) you only share your bathroom with one person and 2) it’s the closest to Tesco’s!
- Cryfield Standard: people say it is designed like a Swedish prison, and they aren’t completely wrong. HOWEVER, it’s really cheap, close to central campus and trust me it’s not that bad!
- Westwood: Well, you might need to apply for a visa and book daily return plane tickets if you decide to live there, cuz it’s REALLY far. Jokes appart, if you don’t mind the daily walk to central campus and all your lectures OR if you plan on becoming the next tennis #1, then it might not be a bad option. Tennis courts are right next to Westwood, and so is Tarkett football pitch (where football league fixtures are held). It’s also quite close to Tesco’s. And rooms are big in my opinion. But you’ll still have to enjoy walking everyday and listen to everyone’s jokes when you tell them you live in WESTWOOD.

I hope it helps!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest