Lacking UCAS points- options related extracurriculars?

Watch
ghostbeansgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I'm starting year 12 in the September (studying French, Spanish, Economics and Gov Pol) and realised recently that due to Covid, I've not been able to complete any of the extracurricular activities that would give me those crucial extra UCAS points such as D of E or NCS. I know I still have a while until uni applications, but I just wanted to attempt to get a head start just in case we go into yet another lockdown (fingers crossed we don't, but I'm prepared for anything at this point) and was wondering if anyone knew any good programs related to my options, or even the best way to locate programs near me. I have messaged all my teachers, but as it is the Summer Holidays they are yet to respond. Thanks!
Typhoons
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you planning on studying at Uni and where? Most Uni make offers on A level grades, not UCAS points.
You can do those extra curriculars if you enjoy them but they are a waste of time if you are doing them just for points that won’t help you. Better to spend your time ensuring you get the best possible grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (314)
83.96%
No (60)
16.04%

Watched Threads