The Student Room Group

Lacking UCAS points- options related extracurriculars?

Hi! I'm starting year 12 in the September (studying French, Spanish, Economics and Gov Pol) and realised recently that due to Covid, I've not been able to complete any of the extracurricular activities that would give me those crucial extra UCAS points such as D of E or NCS. I know I still have a while until uni applications, but I just wanted to attempt to get a head start just in case we go into yet another lockdown (fingers crossed we don't, but I'm prepared for anything at this point) and was wondering if anyone knew any good programs related to my options, or even the best way to locate programs near me. I have messaged all my teachers, but as it is the Summer Holidays they are yet to respond. Thanks! :smile:
What are you planning on studying at Uni and where? Most Uni make offers on A level grades, not UCAS points.
You can do those extra curriculars if you enjoy them but they are a waste of time if you are doing them just for points that won’t help you. Better to spend your time ensuring you get the best possible grades.
Original post by Typhoons
What are you planning on studying at Uni and where? Most Uni make offers on A level grades, not UCAS points.
You can do those extra curriculars if you enjoy them but they are a waste of time if you are doing them just for points that won’t help you. Better to spend your time ensuring you get the best possible grades.

Looking at doing Law with French/ International Business / International Law (or something along those lines!) and I'm not sure where just yet, but I am definitely not putting OxBridge off the table. I've signed up for a few extra volunteering things in school and outside, but I guess I'll just have to double down on the revising lmfao
Original post by ghostbeansgirl
extra UCAS points such as D of E or NCS.

Neither of these will get you any extra UCAS points.
UCAS points are pretty irrelevant for most universities anyways
Original post by hungrysalamander
UCAS points are pretty irrelevant for most universities anyways

Over half of UK Universities express their requirements and offers in UCAS points, and many others use them as part of their Admissions process even if they make grade offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending