The Student Room Group

Will a grade in an unrelated subject affect me at uni applications?

ok so background info:
Im at y12 now, and starting to think abt uni. Im taking history, econ, maths, psychology

(i)GCSE grades: 9998887773

I got a 3 in music, and I want to go to Oxford for either law or E&M... will this FAIL hold me back?? or are my gcses ok, and I just need to get top A's n A*s at A-level, do the usual extracurriculars, high-fi work experience, LNAT/TSA, reading blah blah blah and ILL BE FINE?????

Really paranoid now. lowk got fcked over by my music teacher 😭😭
Also im doing gr8 ABRSM and LAMBDA exams for UCAS points so yeah. help.
Reply 1
Original post by Swamiii
ok so background info:
Im at y12 now, and starting to think abt uni. Im taking history, econ, maths, psychology

I got a 3 in music, and I want to go to Oxford for either law or E&M... will this FAIL hold me back?? or are my gcses ok, and I just need to get top A's n A*s at A-level, do the usual extracurriculars, high-fi work experience, LNAT/TSA, reading blah blah blah and ILL BE FINE?????

if you're doing law it should be fine (as long as you're not doing music)
Will make little/no difference. Just apply if your AL predictions are suitable.
Original post by Swamiii
ok so background info:

That GCSE grade shouldn't be a problem. It's worth noting though that Oxford don't care about extracurriculars, and they don't use UCAS points at all in their admissions process. LAMBDA will not help your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending