The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hmmm I was able to find something about AP US History. It seems comparable to the A-Level. However to be totally sure would need to see the exam questions.

http://www.historymentor.com/

50% marks from Multiple choice and the other 50% from the essay :eek: :eek:

Multiple choice does not exsist in AS or A-Level History.
Reply 61
It's lucky that some AP exams have multiple choice and writing in the exams. In A-level there no such thing as multiple choice questions unfortunately. I think there should be multiple choice in our exams, so we don't have to write so much.

I think AP exams are kind of equivalent to AEA's in my opinion, and maybe A-levels too.
Reply 62
wild thing
i hate it. I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.I hate it.

I think that answers you question :biggrin:

u took teh words out my mouth
Reply 63
apcentral.collegeboard.com

you have to register first though.
Reply 64
curryADD
AP courses are the same as A levels
and ill be taking

chem
world history
english
us history
gov and eco.
physics
calculus
and
french

so that will be 8! so MUCH goddam pressure!

curryADD
blissy, if I didn't have 9 Ap's on my schedule, i would find something else to complain about. I generally don't lie to look good where no-one can see me anyway.

You don't seem to be too consistent.. :rolleyes:

Maybe maths shouldn't be one of your AP's.
curryADD
I know how that feels

so that will be 8! so MUCH goddam pressure!

welcome to the 'pressurised' club hehe. My A-levels are like 19 wks away and im freaking out already coz i have sooo much to catch up as im doing my eng lit full alevel in 5 months instaead of 2 years.... :rolleyes: can't wait for this summer! (post alevels of course)
Reply 66
19 weeks? Didn't notice we have that amount of time left. I better start studying soon.
Reply 67
My sixth form has already started displaying notices counting down how many weeks to the summer exams before the january exams have even finished. :rolleyes:

By the way, there are apparently 16 weeks until the exams start.
Reply 68
Count downs? That's a bit extreme, lol. 16 weeks is not long, I think I should start studying now?...
****...16 wks??? arrrgh im panicking now for no reason :p:
Reply 70
It's still plenty of time in a way.
Reply 71
trev
It's still plenty of time in a way.

Yeah, 4 months is quite long if you think about it but it will probably go by very fast. I think I'll start revising for my summer exams soon (even if its just making revision notes) as it will mean there will be less pressure on me when it comes close to the exams.
Reply 72
I might start during Easter.
What is the point in starting to revise now when you will only have to go back over the stuff nearer to the time. It is too early to be revising everything, just take it steady. Saying this I usually leave revision to the night before as I convince myself that it's too early to start! :smile:
Reply 74
There is a point of revising now, as you could revise the styff learnt so far. When it's near the exam, you could study the stuff in the past few weeks before the exam, instead of studying the stuff a long time ago.
Reply 75
the exam season starts in may I think. I know my summer exams don't start until the end of June.

Revising now will help a lot, you will be going ove the material and rehearsing what you did in class. Then when you go over it all again the rehearsal will be there again. If you look at the Multi store model of memory rehearsal is important to get things into your long term memory. Repitition is also important....doing it at least 3 times will increase the chance of being able to remember it in an exam because the retreval cues will be stronger and memories more familiar.
Reply 76
Hmm. I have exams in P2/P3/P4/P5/P6/D2/AEA/Bio4/Bio5/Bio6/GS4/GS5/GS6 plus some ICT coursework so i think i'll start revising/covering content asap after todays M2 exam.
Reply 77
Chicken
You don't seem to be too consistent.. :rolleyes:

Maybe maths shouldn't be one of your AP's.

I remembered physcology! :p:

or I might have counted the "and"....
Reply 78

does anyone else HATE sixth form!?

Yes, I do
Reply 79
Some of us, sixth form will end in 4-5 months time, bear with it. After that, we would be on summer holidays and going to uni soon. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending