The Student Room Group

Official Optometry applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

I’ve got an interview for Cardiff this year and I know people that had them last year too, they do interviews for people that have subjects different to the normal application for example for A level I took biology, forensic applied science BTEC and criminology and I’m now doing an ophthalmic dispensing apprenticeship so I think they will want to ask about that!
I have my Aston interview coming up soon please could tell me any tips it would be great!!
Original post by Mghafari
Also for Sheffield it’s orthoptics and not optometry they are quiet different!

Hi there everyone!

I'm a current Orthoptics student at the Uni of Sheffield, I can see a few of you have also applied for this at Sheffield so I thought I would pop in! If you have any questions about Sheffield or Orthoptics please feel free to ask :smile:

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
Original post by Mghafari
The thing is I applied in 2020 as well so I did an interview then so I expected the same kind of format/questions but this year it was quiet different!

What kind of questions do they ask x
Original post by Panthera.
Hi guys.
I have applied for optometry in aston as back up. I've done the interview. Just wondering how long does it take after interviews to receive an offer. Thx.

Hi pls could u give tips on the interview I have mine coming in the next month it will relay help!! Tysm xx
Original post by mizzyxoxo
Hi pls could u give tips on the interview I have mine coming in the next month it will relay help!! Tysm xx

Hi!! No problem, it's a really chill and easy interview. They ask general questions like why optometry, why aston and tell me a bit about yourself.
Original post by Panthera.
Hi!! No problem, it's a really chill and easy interview. They ask general questions like why optometry, why aston and tell me a bit about yourself.

Oh right ok tysm xx
Original post by ShannonG03
I’ve got an interview for Cardiff this year and I know people that had them last year too, they do interviews for people that have subjects different to the normal application for example for A level I took biology, forensic applied science BTEC and criminology and I’m now doing an ophthalmic dispensing apprenticeship so I think they will want to ask about that!

is that for the main course or the preliminary year?
Hey can anyone tell me how the Manchester interview was? Like was it hard and what sort of questions did they ask? And how long is it?
(edited 2 years ago)
what did sheffield ask you about on your orthoptic interview?
Original post by mannkaty0
It took about a week to hear back about interviews, but Cardiff gave me on offer a week after I sent my ucas off without an interview. After I did the interviews, it took 2 weeks to hear back from UWE and Plymouth and 1 day from Aston. I had my interview for orthoptics at Sheffield on Wednesday so I'm still waiting to hear back from them!

what did sheffield ask for your orthoptics interview?
Original post by AlannahMK
What your uni choices at the the moment

Hey, i was wondering how long it took you to hear back from cardiff (if you applied there)? I am anxious and waiting.
Original post by username5864825
Congrats!!!!! I got Cardiff yesterday and then both Aston and Glasgow Caledonian today bahahha

Hey I was wondering what was ur Aston offer ?
Original post by BishBash726
Hey I was wondering what was ur Aston offer ?

Just curious but have you applied to cardiff and if so how long did it take you to hear back from them? I am anxious and waiting.
Still haven’t heard back from Cardiff
Original post by Optimisttt
Still haven’t heard back from Cardiff

When did you apply?
I have an interview for Plymouth next week and I was just wondering how to prepare for it? I have mocks next week too some I'm panicking 😬
Original post by xXjess123Xx
I have an interview for Plymouth next week and I was just wondering how to prepare for it? I have mocks next week too some I'm panicking 😬

I would email the Uni to find out what the 3 hour interview entails. It is impossible for the interview to be that long. There is probably a welcome talk that covers most of the time, which is the case for Aston uni as well. Most optometry interviews are maximum 10-15 minutes and some unis like Cardiff don't even do interviews. Btw If you've applied to cardiff have you heard back and how long did it take (days, weeks)? I am still waiting anxiously.
Original post by Mathew8
When did you apply?

December 8th
Reply 139
What about GCU? Did they start giving out interview dates?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest