The Student Room Group

Is it too late to start my Personal Statement ?

I'm going into year 13 in a couple of days and was wondering if it is too late to start my personal statement. I feel that I've left it too late as I'm applying to Oxbridge this year so I need to get it done before October 15th. I know by leaving it too late I have to balance it with A Levels. Is it too late ?
Hi, I think it really depends on how quickly you can write it? I am in the same situation (except I am in Scotland) and I am just starting my personal statement for medicine now., so I hope it is possible for both of us! I would check with your school because they may have an earlier application date., for example I need my first draft on Tuesday :frown: But good luck :smile:
Original post by IDK.345
I'm going into year 13 in a couple of days and was wondering if it is too late to start my personal statement. I feel that I've left it too late as I'm applying to Oxbridge this year so I need to get it done before October 15th. I know by leaving it too late I have to balance it with A Levels. Is it too late ?

No it isn't but start now - read all the advice on here.
Original post by IDK.345

Original post by freya.mcneill
Hi, I think it really depends on how quickly you can write it? I am in the same situation (except I am in Scotland) and I am just starting my personal statement for medicine now., so I hope it is possible for both of us! I would check with your school because they may have an earlier application date., for example I need my first draft on Tuesday :frown: But good luck :smile:

No, set aside 30-40 minutes a day starting from tomorrow to focus on your personal statement, and you should be fine.

Here are some resources to help you:

Tips for writing personal statements:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/sixth-form-college-application-personal-statements

Past personal statements (use this as inspiration, do not copy):
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/personal-statements-by-subject
Original post by IDK.345

No it honestly depends on how much you can type up every day. I’d say around 2/3 weeks is a pretty good amount of time to write it all up.
Reply 5
Original post by simran8_03
No it honestly depends on how much you can type up every day. I’d say around 2/3 weeks is a pretty good amount of time to write it all up.

I've actually almost finished my Personal Statement, just waiting for my teachers to make suggestions to edit it. Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by IDK.345
I've actually almost finished my Personal Statement, just waiting for my teachers to make suggestions to edit it. Thanks for the advice :smile:

nice, good luck for your applications! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending