Is it too late to start my Personal Statement ?

Watch this thread
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm going into year 13 in a couple of days and was wondering if it is too late to start my personal statement. I feel that I've left it too late as I'm applying to Oxbridge this year so I need to get it done before October 15th. I know by leaving it too late I have to balance it with A Levels. Is it too late ?
freya.mcneill
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I think it really depends on how quickly you can write it? I am in the same situation (except I am in Scotland) and I am just starting my personal statement for medicine now., so I hope it is possible for both of us! I would check with your school because they may have an earlier application date., for example I need my first draft on Tuesday But good luck
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by IDK.345)
I'm going into year 13 in a couple of days and was wondering if it is too late to start my personal statement. I feel that I've left it too late as I'm applying to Oxbridge this year so I need to get it done before October 15th. I know by leaving it too late I have to balance it with A Levels. Is it too late ?
No it isn't but start now - read all the advice on here.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by freya.mcneill)
Hi, I think it really depends on how quickly you can write it? I am in the same situation (except I am in Scotland) and I am just starting my personal statement for medicine now., so I hope it is possible for both of us! I would check with your school because they may have an earlier application date., for example I need my first draft on Tuesday But good luck
No, set aside 30-40 minutes a day starting from tomorrow to focus on your personal statement, and you should be fine.

Here are some resources to help you:

Tips for writing personal statements:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...nal-statements

Past personal statements (use this as inspiration, do not copy):
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...nts-by-subject
simran8_03
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
No it honestly depends on how much you can type up every day. I’d say around 2/3 weeks is a pretty good amount of time to write it all up.
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by simran8_03)
No it honestly depends on how much you can type up every day. I’d say around 2/3 weeks is a pretty good amount of time to write it all up.
I've actually almost finished my Personal Statement, just waiting for my teachers to make suggestions to edit it. Thanks for the advice
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I've actually almost finished my Personal Statement, just waiting for my teachers to make suggestions to edit it. Thanks for the advice
nice, good luck for your applications!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads