The Student Room Group

Writing about volunteering on Pharmacy personal statement?

what did you write about volunteering experience on your personal statement? do you think it is okay to talk about volunteering at day care centre for child on personal statement? I feel like I need to write sth like nursing home... btw I apply for health care field major.
Hi there, I saw you want to apply to do Pharmacy on another thread so I updated the thread title to reflect this :smile:

You don't really need volunteering for Pharmacy. Sure, it looks nice, but it's not essential, so the volunteering at a children day care centre will do just fine. However, saying that you volunteer and then moving on to the next thing is a silly thing to do, so I'd write what you've learnt during your volunteering and how will that come in handy during your degree!
Original post by Scotland Yard
Hi there, I saw you want to apply to do Pharmacy on another thread so I updated the thread title to reflect this :smile:

You don't really need volunteering for Pharmacy. Sure, it looks nice, but it's not essential, so the volunteering at a children day care centre will do just fine. However, saying that you volunteer and then moving on to the next thing is a silly thing to do, so I'd write what you've learnt during your volunteering and how will that come in handy during your degree!

Thank you for thoughtful reply😭👍 there is a panic monster in my head right now because of application... I just applied for pharmacy course today. Am I too late? would I still have a place? I'm an international btw.
Original post by gowiththefloww
Thank you for thoughtful reply😭👍 there is a panic monster in my head right now because of application... I just applied for pharmacy course today. Am I too late? would I still have a place? I'm an international btw.

The deadline to apply is the 31st of January so you're not too late :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending