The Student Room Group

How to convince my parent to allow me to book a hotel for myself ??

I’m in the need of a getaway as i need to destress however I have a very strict mother even though I’m 20 years of age . She has the whole my house my rules mindset and that she can’t sleep in peace until I’m at home 😒 . How can I convince her??
Just book one and go? You're 20, just leave and do what you want, she won't see you as an independent adult until you start acting like one.
I thought you were much younger. You have every right to do it, you're an adult. Just book it and go
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Just book one and go? You're 20, just leave and do what you want, she won't see you as an independent adult until you start acting like one.

I wish I could but the way my mum is set up is very different from other parents of my age . She has a strict cultural mindset and it takes a lot to change her opinion
Reply 4
Original post by wav3rid3r
I thought you were much younger. You have every right to do it, you're an adult. Just book it and go

Yeah my mum is different though , she would scream and tell me to cancel it immediately and if I left she would cause an entire scene . My mum is strict so it’s very hard to reason with her
You don't need to change her opinion, just go. You're an adult.

If she wants to make a scene, that's on her. She can't control you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah my mum is different though , she would scream and tell me to cancel it immediately and if I left she would cause an entire scene . My mum is strict so it’s very hard to reason with her

Maybe wait til she's out of the house before you leave and just leave her a note or text message that you've gone?
Reply 7
Maybe wait til she's out of the house before you leave and just leave her a note or text message that you've gone?

My mum is set on her cultural beliefs , if I did that she would get quite aggressive and ban me from going out again for a long time . She believes if I live with her I must obey her rules regardless
Wow. This is a very tough situation then. I guess the only way will be to take a chance and ask her or offer her something in return for this one opportunity. Like doing all the chores for a week or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending