The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Assistant Jobs

How difficult will it be to get a part-time/ casual (fixed-term/ permanent) position as a Physiotherapy Assistant? I have no experience or formal qualification in healthcare, but do have some experience teaching the disadvantaged.

I have tried searching the NHS job website and in general, and if I am looking at it correctly, most of these types of jobs do not require formal qualification or experience in healthcare. Will this be expected in the interview though?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey, I got a role as a physio assistant a few months ago so can tell you a little bit about my experience getting the role!

I’ve never worked in a hospital setting before either and have no healthcare qualifications but have qualifications in personal training and sport massage. I went for a few physiotherapy technician jobs which I didn’t get but instead they offered me bank work as a physiotherapist assistant which I took!

Long story short I have been working on the medicine team on the wards for the past 3 months where they’ve trained me up and have loved it. I have also just been offered a permanent position as a permanent Physio Technician now I’ve got a bit of NHS experience!

So yeh my advice is just apply!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by alicej26
Hey, I got a role as a physio assistant a few months ago so can tell you a little bit about my experience getting the role!

I’ve never worked in a hospital setting before either and have no healthcare qualifications but have qualifications in personal training and sport massage. I went for a few physiotherapy technician jobs which I didn’t get but instead they offered me bank work as a physiotherapist assistant which I took!

Long story short I have been working on the medicine team on the wards for the past 3 months where they’ve trained me up and have loved it. I have also just been offered a permanent position as a permanent Physio Technician now I’ve got a bit of NHS experience!

So yeh my advice is just apply!

Do they mostly hire full-time only?
Did other hirees that you see from an Exercise related background? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending