The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Lectures/Seminars

Are lectures online this year, or in-person?

How many seminars/workshops are there on average per week and are they recorded? Are these compulsory, and can they be viewed online if you’re unable to attend the seminar in-person i.e sickness or something other?

Lastly, will exams be online and open book?
Original post by Anonymous
Are lectures online this year, or in-person?

How many seminars/workshops are there on average per week and are they recorded? Are these compulsory, and can they be viewed online if you’re unable to attend the seminar in-person i.e sickness or something other?

Lastly, will exams be online and open book?

Hey there,

Our teaching is a blended learning approach this year, with large-scale teaching (such as your lectures) being online whereas your smaller-scale teaching (such as seminars and workshops) being on campus to maximise your student experience on campus.

The way your teaching will look, so how many sessions will be on campus and online per week may differ depending on the course so we do recommend reaching out to your faculty for further guidance. We do recommend to attend all taught sessions to help with your learning progress as you go through your course.

If you are unwell or unable to attend, again, our faculties are on hand to support you with your studies so you can get the most of your time with us.

Assessments are being finalised for this year, but these will be communicated to you shortly.

I hope this helps and if you've any questions, please do reach out and we'll be happy to support you.

Take care,

- Emi
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey there,

Our teaching is a blended learning approach this year, with large-scale teaching (such as your lectures) being online whereas your smaller-scale teaching (such as seminars and workshops) being on campus to maximise your student experience on campus.

The way your teaching will look, so how many sessions will be on campus and online per week may differ depending on the course so we do recommend reaching out to your faculty for further guidance. We do recommend to attend all taught sessions to help with your learning progress as you go through your course.

If you are unwell or unable to attend, again, our faculties are on hand to support you with your studies so you can get the most of your time with us.

Assessments are being finalised for this year, but these will be communicated to you shortly.

I hope this helps and if you've any questions, please do reach out and we'll be happy to support you.

Take care,

- Emi

Thanks Emi.

I take it workshops/seminars aren’t compulsory? As in, is attendance recorded?

Lastly, do DMU offer catch-up sessions on modules? For example, if I need a refresher on stats, can this be offered?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks Emi.

I take it workshops/seminars aren’t compulsory? As in, is attendance recorded?

Lastly, do DMU offer catch-up sessions on modules? For example, if I need a refresher on stats, can this be offered?

You're welcome! :biggrin:

Workshops and seminars are there to help cement the learning from your reading and lectures, particularly with workshops, they may give you a more hands-on approach to put your theory into practice. As such, this is a crucial part of your learning so we do recommend attending all taught sessions where possible to get the most of your course.

Your attendance, both on campus and virtually, is recorded as your faculty need to ensure you're accessing your learning. So on campus, you may be asked to sign a register and/or swipe your student ID card. Virtually, we may take a digital register to confirm.

At present, I don't believe we offer catch-up sessions as such. However, students can access our mentoring and their tutor's office hours to get 1-2-1 support on subjects and guidance on assignments which can help them with their learning. We also have great subject-specific librarians and study workshops in our library to help you get the most of your learning and to help you with any topics you may be a little unsure on.

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Emi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending