The Student Room Group

switching my course at uni, should i still go to lectures?

i'm switching my course from eng lit to korean studies, but during the time of this change it's taking a while for my form to be processed and all of the admission stuff to be sorted out. do i still attend my lectures/seminars for my english course whilst i'm still 'technically' enrolled? i don't want absence marks on my record but i see no point in wasting time doing something which will inevitably be pointless whilst everything has gone through.

let me know what you think
Original post by ilines1
i'm switching my course from eng lit to korean studies, but during the time of this change it's taking a while for my form to be processed and all of the admission stuff to be sorted out. do i still attend my lectures/seminars for my english course whilst i'm still 'technically' enrolled? i don't want absence marks on my record but i see no point in wasting time doing something which will inevitably be pointless whilst everything has gone through.

Hi @ilines1,

I hope switching is a smooth process for you, as hard as the boring admin stuff can be!

Like you said, as long as you are still enrolled I would recommend attending lectures/seminars especially if attendance is taken. Is there someone you can speak to about this (about attending lectures), for example a head of school for English? They might be able to give advice on the best course of action as you are in the process of switching course. I would see if you can set up a meeting with them or use their office hours if they have them.

Good luck! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by ilines1

Hi!
I would recommend speaking to your academic tutor or the head of the English literature course (admissions may even be able to offer guidance) about this matter. In the meantime I would still attend the lectures and seminars so that you do not damage your attendance record, however I wouldn't worry too much about notes and things of that nature if you know for sure your university are allowing you to switch courses.

Hope this helps! Faye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending