The Student Room Group

Masters Advice - Local University vs Top UK University

Hi guys, I am really struggling with deciding on when/ where I should undertake my Masters.

Some quick background, I achieved a 1:1 Computer Science Undergraduate at DMU. I am now wanting to pursue a Masters in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.

DMU has offered me a space on a cyber technology (AI focus) course that has some good modules in it, with a 30% fee discount + Ill live at home saving lots on accommodation.

The other option is to go to the University of Birmingham to study a Masters in "Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning" (I received an offer, but withdrew due to finances). The fees are about 35% more there and I would have to pay for accommodation there, meaning I'd have to work for a year to save up before I can study there.

So my questions is, should I do my masters at DMU this year (even if the course may not be as in-depth) or should I work for a year and do my course at Birmingham University next year (costing me more but better course).
Original post by PatrykLoda
Hi guys, I am really struggling with deciding on when/ where I should undertake my Masters.

Some quick background, I achieved a 1:1 Computer Science Undergraduate at DMU. I am now wanting to pursue a Masters in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.

DMU has offered me a space on a cyber technology (AI focus) course that has some good modules in it, with a 30% fee discount + Ill live at home saving lots on accommodation.

The other option is to go to the University of Birmingham to study a Masters in "Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning" (I received an offer, but withdrew due to finances). The fees are about 35% more there and I would have to pay for accommodation there, meaning I'd have to work for a year to save up before I can study there.

So my questions is, should I do my masters at DMU this year (even if the course may not be as in-depth) or should I work for a year and do my course at Birmingham University next year (costing me more but better course).

It's an investment in the next 40-50 years of your life. Wait a year and go to the stronger university.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
It's an investment in the next 40-50 years of your life. Wait a year and go to the stronger university.

That's the direction I'm leaning tbh, thank you for your input!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending