The Student Room Group

BSc computer science in Manchester - is it comparabIe to warwick etc?

I know Manchester is a good uni, and im sure the course is good but most peers who are good at comp sci have went to warwick. How does it compare to warwick / imperiaI / oxbridge?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
I'd say imperial and oxbridge are on a tier above and warwick is just slightly better. Manchester is very good, but the 2022 entry requirements are insane,
Reply 3
Original post by Rarest
I'd say imperial and oxbridge are on a tier above and warwick is just slightly better. Manchester is very good, but the 2022 entry requirements are insane,

oh ok thank you! they are? how come?
Probably not on the same level as Imperial/Oxbridge/Warwick/Edinburgh but still fairly good. Manchester is broadly well regarded for STEM subjects in general so it's certainly not a bad option. Probably similar to e.g. UCL or Southampton (maybe better than UCL, although I think that CS department is somewhat overrated personally).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
oh ok thank you! they are? how come?

Because of the high intake this year or something. The 2022 entry for the BSc is A*A*A* or 41 in IB, which is higher than even top institutions.
Reply 6
Original post by Rarest
Because of the high intake this year or something. The 2022 entry for the BSc is A*A*A* or 41 in IB, which is higher than even top institutions.

omg thats crazy :O i need to Iook into that IoI
Reply 7
Original post by artful_lounger
Probably not on the same level as Imperial/Oxbridge/Warwick/Edinburgh but still fairly good. Manchester is broadly well regarded for STEM subjects in general so it's certainly not a bad option. Probably similar to e.g. UCL or Southampton (maybe better than UCL, although I think that CS department is somewhat overrated personally).

thank you! yeah i kinda thought manchester was a bit worse in comparison :s just having doubts if i shouId pursue it.
Reply 8
Original post by Rarest

wow you are right.. are they even aIIowed to do that? simpIy becuase they have too many peopIe this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending