The Student Room Group

University of Edinburgh-- Looking for Replacement Tenant

Hi! I'm currently at the University of Edinburgh, living in Pollock Halls & looking for a replacement tenant for my room.
The room is a large single ensuite for the price of a regular ensuite (comes with a toilet, sink, shower, and shelving for toiletries). Also comes with a desk, ethernet port, bed with room for storage underneath, soft mattress, two message boards, two bookshelves, coat closet, ergonomic desk chair, small balcony, and catered meal plan. My particular room is situated on the ground floor of Holland House in one of the quietest corners of Pollock. Right next to the pantry (where there is a refrigerator, cabinets, a microwave, sink, kettle, cutlery etc), so you can wake up for a midnight snack pretty easily without rousing anyone. It's doored off from the main hallway as well, so you won't be bothered by any passerby noise. Again the room is larger than an average ensuite (probably about 3mx4m), and there's room for additional furniture around the perimeter if you'd like. Neighboring tenants are also all very kind and quiet.
Staff are very responsive to maintenance requests, and cleaning comes once every two weeks to clean out the shower and toilet for you. Pollock reception, the JMCC Bar, and the JMCC restaurant are all within a 5 minutes walk. The meal plan through the JMCC restaurant that comes with the room serves two free meals a day, breakfast and dinner, and brunch until mid-afternoon on weekends. Additionally, the JMCC bar will deliver food orders to the door (sort of like Deliveroo). Nearest bus stop is Royal Commonwealth Pool, about a 2 minute walk and it runs to all of the George Square buildings (McEwan, Chrystal MacMillan, Old College, University Library). About a 15 minute walk away is Clerk St, which has several local grocers, some fast food, and some more established restaurants. Nearest large grocers is the Sains at Cameron Toll, about a 3min bus ride from Commonwealth. Overall a very easy and cozy place to live, with loads of help within immediate reach.
Will upload photos of the room in the morning for better lighting, but please let me know if you're interested! There is also a Whatsapp group with all the tenants in it that I'd be happy to give you access to to make it easier to get to know everyone. Soonest you'd be able to move in is likely late October to early November.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending