rijul shah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is there a way into internships without online applications. How can you network to find an internship. The ones where you have to apply online are too competitive. My question applies to Law and Non Law. I got my first internship rejection from EY a few hours ago, and I honestly cant take any more job rejections this year. The only internships I have done have been ones that I wasn't assessed for.
Gmaster1980
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rijul shah)
Is there a way into internships without online applications. How can you network to find an internship. The ones where you have to apply online are too competitive. My question applies to Law and Non Law. I got my first internship rejection from EY a few hours ago, and I honestly cant take any more job rejections this year. The only internships I have done have been ones that I wasn't assessed for.
Stop applying. Speak to a therapist. You need a reality check of your competitiveness and you need to stop torturing yourself.
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
basically this is where' it's about who U know' cones in

it's not that hard. don't beat the competition just be the competition
rijul shah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gmaster1980)
Stop applying. Speak to a therapist. You need a reality check of your competitiveness and you need to stop torturing yourself.
I am not torturing myself. All jobs need good grades, not just law. Literally some of the BAE Systems Business Development and Finance Schemes ask for ABB and a 2.2 (They were willing to be lenient for degree but not A Levels). I couldn't even continue the bloody online form with my *****y BBC at A levels. I literally have sm 8 2.2s, 2 thirds, 8 2.1s and 1 first at uni out of my 31 modules, you already know this. I got rejected from EY Assurance internship. There is soo much graduate unemployment. Mental Health means **** all, when you dont have a decent job, or money.
Last edited by rijul shah; 1 week ago
Gmaster1980
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am not torturing myself. All jobs need good grades, not just law. Literally some of the BAE Systems Business Development and Finance Schemes ask for ABB and a 2.2 (They were willing to be lenient for degree but not A Levels). I couldn't even continue the bloody online form with my *****y BBC at A levels. I literally have sm 8 2.2s, 2 thirds, 8 2.1s and 1 first at uni out of my 31 modules, you already know this. I got rejected from EY Assurance internship. There is soo much graduate unemployment. Mental Health means **** all, when you dont have a decent job, or money.
If you are not good enough for a graduate programme you're going to have to settle for something else dude. That's just how it works.
rijul shah
Rep:
?
If you are not good enough for a graduate programme you're going to have to settle for something else dude. That's just how it works.
Thats what I am asking, what else is there apart from advertised grad programmes online. I am more than willing to settle, but settle into what? I literally need something.
Gmaster1980
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thats what I am asking, what else is there apart from advertised grad programmes online. I am more than willing to settle, but settle into what? I literally need something.
No you were asking how to find connections to get an internship. Just go on LinkedIn and start applying for other roles dude.
rijul shah
Rep:
?
No you were asking how to find connections to get an internship. Just go on LinkedIn and start applying for other roles dude.
I think I'm too late, their deadlines are already over early October.
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got CCD and a 3rd at uni bachelor's. I've made it to the AC many times of big companies
rijul shah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Proxenus)
I got CCD and a 3rd at uni bachelor's. I've made it to the AC many times of big companies
Please give me advice. Like genuinely... I need to be financially stable as quick as possible. Like we were told from a young age. Bad grades lead to poverty. I literally feel like that rn. How did you get passed the app stage for jobs. My parents will literally cut me off a few years after graduating. Its honestly soo weird, I went from being an aspiring city lawyer to wanting anything half respectable that is not retail. Thats the worst feeling.. Having to continue retail after graduation in two years.
rijul shah
Rep:
?
I genuinely wish I had the brains like you lot... It must feel somewhat nice to be a city solicitor..living the london life..elite circles and dinners. Wish I could live the life that you people live.
Gmaster1980
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I genuinely wish I had the brains like you lot... It must feel somewhat nice to be a city solicitor..living the london life..elite circles and dinners. Wish I could live the life that you people live.
Dude I worked for 9 hours today while ill because I needed to hit my billables and my throat hurts so bad I can't sleep but I'm still going to be working tomorrow because no one else can take my tasks over. What do you think working as a city lawyer is like???
rijul shah
Rep:
?
Dude I worked for 9 hours today while ill because I needed to hit my billables and my throat hurts so bad I can't sleep but I'm still going to be working tomorrow because no one else can take my tasks over. What do you think working as a city lawyer is like???
So did I, including my shift at Asda. In fact Im working even now to prep for a tutorial, cuz I was busy with volunteering today. Yes you are busy, but be grateful. You got a very well paid elite office job, cuz you probably got good grades so fair enough.. But still idk I would love to experience that life..I have been thinking of applying for vac schemes. Dude 9 hours is still a decent amount of work. I did more than that as part of my summer job as a crappy legal assistant (I worked 60 hours a week for literally soo little pay). Thought that getting such hands on experience as a 19 year old (20 now) would acc strengthen my CV, instead I wasted that time and could have enjoyed life..
rijul shah
Rep:
?
I get that it is busy. But at least you have a respectable financially secure life. That's more than a lot of us will ever get!
Gmaster1980
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So did I, including my shift at Asda. In fact Im working even now to prep for a tutorial, cuz I was busy with volunteering today. Yes you are busy, but be grateful. You got a very well paid elite office job, cuz you probably got good grades so fair enough.. But still idk I would love to experience that life..I have been thinking of applying for vac schemes. Dude 9 hours is still a decent amount of work. I did more than that as part of my summer job as a crappy legal assistant (I worked 60 hours a week for literally soo little pay). Thought that getting such hands on experience as a 19 year old (20 now) would acc strengthen my CV, instead I wasted that time and could have enjoyed life..
You have so little self awareness it hurts and my comment was in response to you acting like city law is elite circle and nice dinners. Grow up dude.
gman9999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Resit A levels and redo uni..will take less than 5 years but more than worth it. I would drop out of uni rn because you are only 1 yr in.
rijul shah
Rep:
?
You have so little self awareness it hurts and my comment was in response to you acting like city law is elite circle and nice dinners. Grow up dude.
I know its not elite circle and nice dinners. dont know why i said that tbh... I am grown up... I literally work soo much and I am tired tbh, and getting rejected from ****. Self awareness? I have knowledge and confidence in my own character and feelings so it rlly doesnt even make sense to say that I am not self aware. Like that literally makes no sense.
rijul shah
Rep:
?
(Original post by gman9999)
Resit A levels and redo uni..will take less than 5 years but more than worth it. I would drop out of uni rn because you are only 1 yr in.
Whose gonna bloody pay student finance afterwards... Pls dont even suggest that! Tell me how to become employable. That ship has sailed long ago.
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please give me advice. Like genuinely... I need to be financially stable as quick as possible. Like we were told from a young age. Bad grades lead to poverty. I literally feel like that rn. How did you get passed the app stage for jobs. My parents will literally cut me off a few years after graduating. Its honestly soo weird, I went from being an aspiring city lawyer to wanting anything half respectable that is not retail. Thats the worst feeling.. Having to continue retail after graduation in two years.
first how many applications have you made and which stage do you fail at normally
rijul shah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Proxenus)
first how many applications have you made and which stage do you fail at normally
I made 7 applications for insight schemes and first year open days, and I only got one insight scheme and two open days and they were in rlly mid tier firms. This is commercial law.

PWC Women in Business or something like that- Rejected at app stage
EY Assurance- rejected at app stage
BAE Procurement- rejected at app stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (168)
55.63%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.57%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (33)
10.93%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
8.61%
I haven't started researching yet (17)
5.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed