The Student Room Group

Migrant worker

I change employer before I could start my academic year 22/23..on the 1st of January 2023 I was unemployed and I later started working on the 9th of January 2023 having only 8 days of unemployment..my question is will it affect the whole 1st term payment of my maintenance loan or just the 8 days of unemployment??
Original post by backstage-meanne
I change employer before I could start my academic year 22/23..on the 1st of January 2023 I was unemployed and I later started working on the 9th of January 2023 having only 8 days of unemployment..my question is will it affect the whole 1st term payment of my maintenance loan or just the 8 days of unemployment??

Hi there, To be eligible for the full funding you must be employed for the academic year, were you receiving any benefits for that period? Thanks, Angela
Hi backstage-meanne,

This could potentially affect term 1 as you should be working throughout the duration of that term to be eligible, it is for eliglbity, not entitlement which is why the whole term could be affected.

You would need to supply your evidence with a cover to explain the circumstances surrounding your brief period of unemployment, along with any further evidence that shows you were seeking employment etc.

https://logon.slc.co.uk

Thanks, Clare
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, To be eligible for the full funding you must be employed for the academic year, were you receiving any benefits for that period? Thanks, Angela

No ..I don’t get benefits
Original post by backstage-meanne
No ..I don’t get benefits

Hi there, You would need to supply your evidence with a cover to explain the circumstances surrounding your brief period of unemployment, along with any further evidence that shows you were seeking employment etc. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending