sumayaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
i have to send off my application tomorrow afternoon. BEFORE YOU SAY IT, YES I KNOW I AM ASKING THESE QUESTIONS LAST MINUTE.

feel free to move this in the right place

ok so im applying for medicine. I want to do the extended programme at kings and do the 7 year option with the one year intercalculated degree. They dont have this option on UCAS, so do i request it after i've sent the application??

since 4 of my options are going to medicine, does my 5th option have to be sent off along with my other options??? I want to do psychology for my 5th option so what do i do about the PS since its mostly tailored to medicine and i include the word 'medicine' so many times. Should I contact Kings and ask if i can send a separate personal statement for psychology (which i havent even started ugh)??

answers will be much appreciated. I am aware i am last minute so i dont need to hear it, thanks.
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
i have to send off my application tomorrow afternoon. BEFORE YOU SAY IT, YES I KNOW I AM ASKING THESE QUESTIONS LAST MINUTE.

ok so im applying for medicine. I want to do the extended programme at kings and do the 7 year option with the one year intercalculated degree. They dont have this option on UCAS, so do i request it after i've sent the application??

since 4 of my options are going to medicine, does my 5th option have to be sent off along with my other options??? I want to do psychology for my 5th option so what do i do about the PS since its mostly tailored to medicine and i include the word 'medicine' so many times. Should I contact Kings and ask if i can send a separate personal statement for psychology (which i havent even started ugh)??

answers will be much appreciated. I am aware i am last minute so i dont need to hear it, thanks.
Can't answer the first questions fully so I'll tag ecolier as they know more. However, I do think you just apply for intercalation later when you have started your degree.

With regards to the 5th option - if you really want to do medicine then just leave the 5th option empty and reapply if you're unsuccessful as this will be much easier than completing a degree and then trying for medicine again.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

As SyedN said you intercalate a few years afterwards so don't worry about that for now.

Just another repost:

No one should pick a 5th, non medicine choice. Never ever do a random degree (that's any degree other than medicine) with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine because it'll take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much more competitive

Finally, if you don't have a 5th choice you may be eligible for UCAS Extra or Clearing - some medicine courses go into these.

Bottom line: don't pick a 5th choice, if unsuccessful just take a gap year and reapply next year... unless you wanted to give up in medicine.
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedN)
Can't answer the first questions fully so I'll tag ecolier as they know more. However, I do think you just apply for intercalation later when you have started your degree.

With regards to the 5th option - if you really want to do medicine then just leave the 5th option empty and reapply if you're unsuccessful as this will be much easier than completing a degree and then trying for medicine again.
ohh okay thanks! Never knew thats how you apply for an intercalculated year
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
As SyedN said you intercalate a few years afterwards so don't worry about that for now.

Just another repost:

No one should pick a 5th, non medicine choice. Never ever do a random degree (that's any degree other than medicine) with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine because it'll take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much more competitive

Finally, if you don't have a 5th choice you may be eligible for UCAS Extra or Clearing - some medicine courses go into these.

Bottom line: don't pick a 5th choice, if unsuccessful just take a gap year and reapply next year... unless you wanted to give up in medicine.
I didnt want to have a 5th option but my school is SO KEEN on it. Tbh i want to take a gap year but Im applying this year to see how it all works and what not (plus the school pays for it all so). If i get offers then I obviously will take it up but we'll see what the future holds.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I didnt want to have a 5th option but my school is SO KEEN on it. Tbh i want to take a gap year but Im applying this year to see how it all works and what not (plus the school pays for it all so). If i get offers then I obviously will take it up but we'll see what the future holds.
I hear this so much

Schools are biased and they want you to not take a gap year because it'll look bad for them.

They don't care that GEM is much, much more competitive; or that by taking a gap year your future in medicine is much easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.21%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.2%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.69%
I'm finding things difficult (128)
34.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.58%

Watched Threads