The Student Room Group

Important reminder about the UCAS deadline on Wednesday

The UCAS deadline is 6pm UK time on WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY

If you are still to apply, get it all organised, finalised and submitted on MONDAY at the latest.

Your school/college then have to add their reference and predicted grades before they submit your application to UCAS. If you leave this until the last minute, this may not be done in time.

Also, the UCAS website goes bananas on the last day - and can actually crash. If you leave it all until Wednesday, you risk not getting your UCAS application submitted by the crucial 6pm deadline, and Unis will not then consider your application at all.

Yes, some courses at some Unis may stay open after this - but you cannot rely on this possibility. Get your application done now.
Reply 1
I wonder how many threads we'll have saying that their "application was sent at 18:01 will it be submitted as on-time"?
Original post by mesub
I wonder how many threads we'll have saying that their "application was sent at 18:01 will it be submitted as on-time"?

We always have a few. And ucas will normally have some leeway if they can see that submission started before 6pm. People who submit slightly later because of slowness on UCAS website or problems paying the fee due to banking delays are not usually penalised.

Ucas decide if an application is “on time” or not. Universities don’t.
Reply 3
Except we do get the time-stamp - so it isnt entirely 'up to UCAS'.
Reply 4
Original post by mesub

Or that it isnt 'their fault' - and try and blame their school.
When they have had since September to do this.
Original post by McGinger
Except we do get the time-stamp - so it isnt entirely 'up to UCAS'.

Only after they decide what it should be. Ucas are very clear that universities should use the “on time” flag and not any date/time fields for determining whether an application is on time or late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending