The Student Room Group

social work assistant without degree?

hi all,

can one become a social worker assistant without a finished degree? I am a year two psychology student and I m desperate to leave the current job. can anyone point me into a right direction?

thank you all
You’re already made at least one thread on this today.

Potentially yes, you wouldn’t need a professional registration, depends on the employer really.
Are you going to have enough time to do this though, I can’t imagine that you get very many zero hours contract style social worker assistant jobs, although I might be wrong.

Are you really stuck on the idea of sw assistant? There are lots of other fairly nice looking health and social care jobs out there- the more open minded you are, the better your chances IMO.
Reply 2
Original post by Cancelled Alice
You’re already made at least one thread on this today.

Potentially yes, you wouldn’t need a professional registration, depends on the employer really.
Are you going to have enough time to do this though, I can’t imagine that you get very many zero hours contract style social worker assistant jobs, although I might be wrong.

Are you really stuck on the idea of sw assistant? There are lots of other fairly nice looking health and social care jobs out there- the more open minded you are, the better your chances IMO.

Alice, please give me suggestions. Anything is highly appreciated. I am actually working as a dental nurse. Previously the only other experience is working for two years with an autistic girl as a child minder and that is it. I am in my forties and I am desperate to get a new job. My current job is really brining me down. Many thanks for your reply x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending