The Student Room Group

Entry Requirement A*AA

Hey everyone !! I'm an International student and I want to pursue LLB for year 2022 intake. I scored 88.6% but most of the top tier universities require 90% as their entry requirement should I consider applying to these universities ? the uni requires A*AA and I got AAA can someone help me out with this :frown:
Original post by kawal9212
Hey everyone !! I'm an International student and I want to pursue LLB for year 2022 intake. I scored 88.6% but most of the top tier universities require 90% as their entry requirement should I consider applying to these universities ? the uni requires A*AA and I got AAA can someone help me out with this :frown:

Any university requiring A*AA is likely to be in a position to reject students who dont reach it and that is what will probably happen. Are these actual results and could you resit it to get higher marks.

The general advice is to apply for 1 or 2 risky universities but avoIding very competitive universities like LSE and UCL. You can then apply to 3 universities at or just below your grades, Really good universities asking for AAA include Cardiff, Liverpool, Sheffield, Southampton and York.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Any university requiring A*AA is likely to be in a position to reject students who dont reach it and that is what will probably happen. Are these actual results and could you resit it to get higher marks.

The general advice is to apply for 1 or 2 risky universities but avoIding very competitive universities like LSE and UCL. You can then apply to 3 universities at or just below your grades, Really good universities asking for AAA include Cardiff, Liverpool, Sheffield, Southampton and York.

These are my actual grades and I have applied to 2 A*AA unis LSE which recently sent me a rejection and KCL which haven't replied yet. I already picked 5 unis is there any other way other than UCAS to send my application to these unis?
These are my actual grades and I have applied to 2 A*AA unis LSE which recently sent me a rejection and KCL which haven't replied yet. I already picked 5 unis is there any other way other than UCAS to send my application to these unis?

Not as far as I am aware unless the rules are different for overseas applicants. @PQ Are things different for international students.
You can only apply direct (where universities offer that) if you don’t have a ucas application. If you have applied through ucas then you can only use ucas.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
You can only apply direct (where universities offer that) if you don’t have a ucas application. If you have applied through ucas then you can only use ucas.

can you tell which top tier university offeres direct admissions?
can you tell which top tier university offeres direct admissions?

You've applied through UCAS so it's irrelevant.
Any university accepting an application from you outside UCAS would be breaking their contract with UCAS and they're not going to do that for you to have an additional choice (that you couldn't even be bothered to list as one of your top 5 choices on your UCAS application).
Reply 7
I see ….
I see ….

All is not lost. You do have a couple of AAA choices as I saw on another thread so you may well get offers from them. If you don't then you will get a chance to add another uni through UCAS Extra (for people with no offers) but I hope you will have an offer from one of your AAA choices anyway so won't need to use this.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
Reply 9
Original post by harrysbar
All is not lost. You do have a couple of AAA choices as I saw on another thread so you may well get offers from them. If you don't then you will get a chance to add another uni through UCAS Extra (for people with no offers) but I hope you will have an offer from one of your AAA choices anyway so won't need to use this.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Thanks for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending