The Student Room Group

applying to southampton

i’m applying to southampton with predicted ABB for creative writing (which needs ABB conditional which i am eligible for). i’m worried i won’t get the grades, or that my personal statement won’t be good enough- any advice? i went for an open day and loved it, it’s near relatives and amazing overall but i’m worried i won’t achieve the grades or be let in for another reason :-(
Original post by beeandpuppycat
i’m applying to southampton with predicted ABB for creative writing (which needs ABB conditional which i am eligible for). i’m worried i won’t get the grades, or that my personal statement won’t be good enough- any advice? i went for an open day and loved it, it’s near relatives and amazing overall but i’m worried i won’t achieve the grades or be let in for another reason :-(

Hi there @beeandpuppycat, how are you?

My name is Konnie and I’m a postgraduate Creative Writing student at De Montfort University.

It’s so good to hear that you’re interested in creative writing, too!

In my opinion, I think it’s important that you demonstrate your passion for creative writing within your personal statement. You could include examples of books that have inspired you to write, and why, or trips/visits that you have made which have helped you on your creative writing journey. I think it is always good to reflect on your process, and where you want to go next. Also, take a look at the course modules on offer at your university choices, and see how you would be able to contribute to them.

Applying to university is really stressful, but as long as you try your best, that’s all you can do! Be proud of yourself. 😊

All the best with your applications!

Konnie 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending