The Student Room Group

Law Degree Applications

I'm planning on applying for a degree in law and was expecting my predicted grades to be A* A A, but I now have A* A B. I'm not sure of what i should do now and whether i'll get into courses that want A A A. I want to go to a Russel group university, preferably in London, but now i am confused and I really need advice on what i should do now. Do some unis still take applications if they are 1 under, or should i look at a gap year or foundation?
Reply 1
If you have a strong application (eg. Personal statement/ LNAT score if required) you would defo be considered by universities wanting AAA. It’s not considered equivalent by all unis but you’d be considered for sure!
There’s no harm in applying and if you don’t ge the offers you want, then you can consider other options like a gap year, clearing etc.
I wouldn’t go for a foundation if I were you because your grades are too high really and it’s a waste of money paying for the fees.
If possible maybe you could even try and ask for your predicted grade to be upped if you work hard etc? You’ve still got plenty of time to apply so maybe it’s worth talking to your teacher about that?
But even with those grades I’d expect you can get into at least a few Russel group unis!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending