The Student Room Group

what unis should i apply to

Ok so my school starts making us write uni ps in a few months and ive been think of what unis to apply to. I want to do straight economics and I currently do Maths, Econ, History and Further Maths. At GCSE I got 6 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 3 grade 7s and 2 6s So essentially 8A* 3A 2B I needed recommendation on what unis to apply to, other than the oxbridge. I also come from a low income area so there isnt that much help around.Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cz_boeing
Ok so my school starts making us write uni ps in a few months and ive been think of what unis to apply to. I want to do straight economics and I currently do Maths, Econ, History and Further Maths. At GCSE I got 6 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 3 grade 7s and 2 6s So essentially 8A* 3A 2B I needed recommendation on what unis to apply to, other than the oxbridge. I also come from a low income area so there isnt that much help around.Thanks

It's FAR too early to be writing a PS or looking at specific unis ... you can't really do that until you have some idea of your A level predictions.

I think the above poster is correct. Get your predictions then start visiting unis you're interested in during the summer term of yr12 then write your PS over the summer or in the first couple of weeks of yr13. No need to start thinking about it too early.

But if you do, for UG Econ the general top 10 would be places like Oxbridge, LSE, UCL and Warwick and then the next tier you get places like Nottingham, Bristol, Durham, Bath, Exeter, etc.
Reply 3
Original post by BenRyan99
I think the above poster is correct. Get your predictions then start visiting unis you're interested in during the summer term of yr12 then write your PS over the summer or in the first couple of weeks of yr13. No need to start thinking about it too early.

But if you do, for UG Econ the general top 10 would be places like Oxbridge, LSE, UCL and Warwick and then the next tier you get places like Nottingham, Bristol, Durham, Bath, Exeter, etc.

Do you think my gcses are good enough for oxbridge/lse, provided i get solid predictions

Thanks

Do you think my gcses are good enough for oxbridge/lse, provided i get solid predictions

Thanks

Your GCSEs are good but not insanely good like some people at Oxbridge so tough to say. Personally, I don't think it matters too much, all you can do is apply really and then see so I wouldn't worry too much. I think only Oxbridge really care about GCSEs anyway, plus places like UCL and Warwick are still very good Economics if you don't get into Oxbridge/LSE.

Also worth noting that Oxford don't even offer a straight economics undergrad course and that LSE pay less attention to GCSEs and pay a lot of attention to your PS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending