The Student Room Group

a level subjects

so basically, im in yr12, iam wanting to do dentistry and am doing bio chem and ICT, but i want to drop ict for an actual a level since most unis require 3 a levels for dentistry. However my teacher says its too late to switch as its december already. Anyone have any tips or ideas on what i could do?
Original post by apemode
so basically, im in yr12, iam wanting to do dentistry and am doing bio chem and ICT, but i want to drop ict for an actual a level since most unis require 3 a levels for dentistry. However my teacher says its too late to switch as its december already. Anyone have any tips or ideas on what i could do?

Are you definitely sure you want to do dentistry? If you are then you could switch but there are unis that accept BTECs I believe
Original post by apemode

You could have a word with a senior member of your college and ask to be transferred to another course. My college enabled this through catch up sessions so if you work really hard to catch up I'm sure you'll be fine - its just a matter of convincing your college you can/ will. I remember switching from Geography to Chemistry A level in late oct/ early nov. If you're truly set on dentistry then go for it!

Best wishes.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by TriplexA
You could have a word with a senior member of your college and ask to be transferred to another course. My college enabled this through catch up sessions so if you work really hard to catch up I'm sure you'll be fine - its just a matter of convincing your college you can/ will. I remember switching from Geography to Chemistry A level in late oct/ early nov. If you're truly set on dentistry then go for it!

Best wishes.

i will try convince them today, thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TriplexA

Best wishes.

and just in case this doesnt work, what else do u think i could do? Sorry if i sound desperate

Quick Reply

Latest