The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas for Architecture

I want to do an EPQ next year, and also hope to be an architect in the future. Any ideas for what I could title it? I am also going to be taking maths and product design. Thanks :smile:
Hi, I'm new to the EPQ but if you are thinking of architecture you could go down the artefact EPQ route, where you produce one artefact (it can be an art piece, a website, a product, etc.) and only have to produce a 1000 word written piece. You could do a project on designing a new type of building, bridge, workspace, etc. and create a model of it as your artefact. It would link into product design and maths as well. Or you could go the traditional 5000 word written EPQ and do it on the importance of architecture or the process of creating an architectural design or even why you want to be an architect. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by enidghost
Hi, I'm new to the EPQ but if you are thinking of architecture you could go down the artefact EPQ route, where you produce one artefact (it can be an art piece, a website, a product, etc.) and only have to produce a 1000 word written piece. You could do a project on designing a new type of building, bridge, workspace, etc. and create a model of it as your artefact. It would link into product design and maths as well. Or you could go the traditional 5000 word written EPQ and do it on the importance of architecture or the process of creating an architectural design or even why you want to be an architect. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by HBond22
I want to do an EPQ next year, and also hope to be an architect in the future. Any ideas for what I could title it? I am also going to be taking maths and product design. Thanks :smile:

What is your third subject? Three A levels or equivalent are usually required to study architecture.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
What is your third subject? Three A levels or equivalent are usually required to study architecture.

I plan on doing German as well
Original post by HBond22
I plan on doing German as well

Your choices will be fine for architecture.

If you choose to do the 5000 word essay route, you could also explore buildings and sustainability/environmental impact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending