The Student Room Group

This is not a rant

Those famous words uttered by Jeff Stelling about Middlesbrough and Newcastle. However I feel like it’s time to have a serious conversation about the efl and its board members. Bury football club folded under the watching eyes of Debbie Jeavons. Right. Thry didn't fight for the club. Similarly Macclesfield football club went under. That was after getting relegated from the EFL and yes i know it was un the national league which is a different association altogether. Ok i get this. Dover fc had almost gone under and nobody ws bothered about saving them either. However now Derby County are un the news about debts. Rick Parry has waded in saying oh we must save them. The situation is very complex and i understand that ok. I don't want to see them go under like the aforementioned clubs. But, should they be saved there will be a grave injustice in the world of the English game. I think the whole efl board needs to go because how can they care about one club who are higher up the leagues and not bother about the others whi are in leagues below them. Even though the shakers were one of the founders of the football league. Yes Derby were also one of the founders but i mean because its Derby thry are mightily concerned but nothing for others who have gone under. Rick Parry is a joke. Not just that but Mps are a pathetic joke as well. Nothing well very little concern for Bury, Macclesfield and Dover but lots said in saving Derby. The English game is so broken its just a Money game now.

This is my opinion.

What are other people's thoughts on the matter
Reply 1
The problems stem from the complicated world we live in starting with how tax and accounts are done which makes it so difficult for anyone running the game to see any transparency in clubs when things go wrong.

For good or bad I'm a West Brom fan. We get criticism from lots of league clubs as do other teams who come down from the premier league and then use parachute payments as part of their revenue to support a move back up again. It's no secret we've been bouncing between Premier League and Championship over the past decade and more. But what fans of other clubs rarely seem to grasp is that we've done this - including when we went up for the first time, on a budget which was set within our means. Prior to our new Chinese owner for the last few seasons, sone years we were one of the most profitable clubs in Europe, always making a slim profit and not spending outside our means. With the development of the youth set up helping to find the occasional player for the first team and selling on to other clubs, it has meant relative success in this new world of big spending and debt. I feel very much for clubs that fail, for their fans and I always donate when I can. But clubs need to be run within the funds they have and not spend big one day to face ruin the next.

Quick Reply

Latest