The Student Room Group

Random rant about friend's life schedules

Not sure why, but in teens and 20's when you wanna make plans with friends everyone's always like "I can't meet until 6pm" or "I can't meet until 9pm". I understand if you're working that day but I have so many friends on days they aren't working and they can never meet in the daytime. I spend the whole day waiting around to meet them like what do they even do with their time? I'm talking about people who don't have homework or a job to go to. I think my schedule isn't built for the age group I'm in like I'd rather go out for the day then come home to eat dinner and chill in the evenings. Or do something in the day then go out again in the evening. Rant over but making plans is soo hard
Reply 1
I'm totally the same, I'm 18 years old for context, and I like to meet up with my fiends during the day, ideally at about 9:00 - 9:30ish but I compromise with my friends so the earliest is about 10:30 - 11, although it normally ends up being afternoon. I prefer to meet up earlier so that we don't feel rushed for time when we're hanging out, and then the evening is my time to relax and / or to be with my family. Since I finished my A Level exams a couple of weeks ago, I've been getting up later, (about 9 - 10 at the latest) but only because I don't have any particular time committments at the moment. If my friends wanted to meet up with me in the morning then I'd be up and out as early as they need me to be

Thank you for letting me join your rant, you're definetly not alone in this. I don't have any solutions so I'm not being very helpful, I'm sorry, but if I do come up with something that would make everybody happy then I'll come back here and let you know
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Ahsoka5!
I'm totally the same, I'm 18 years old for context, and I like to meet up with my fiends during the day, ideally at about 9:00 - 9:30ish but I compromise with my friends so the earliest is about 10:30 - 11, although it normally ends up being afternoon. I prefer to meet up earlier so that we don't feel rushed for time when we're hanging out, and then the evening is my time to relax and / or to be with my family. Since I finished my A Level exams a couple of weeks ago, I've been getting up later, (about 9 - 10 at the latest) but only because I don't have any particular time committments at the moment. If my friends wanted to meet up with me in the morning then I'd be up and out as early as they need me to be

Thank you for letting me join your rant, you're definetly not alone in this. I don't have any solutions so I'm not being very helpful, I'm sorry, but if I do come up with something that would make everybody happy then I'll come back here and let you know

Don't worry I don't expect advice, glad you relate, it's so annoying like why leave the house for the day at 5pm

Quick Reply

Latest