The Student Room Group

Thread for mature applicants for 2022?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I’ve been offered a place (which I’ve accepted) for Brighton Uni to study adult nursing (I’m 43) anyone else studying this September? X
Reply 21
Hi, I'm 41 heading to York St John University in September 2022 for MBA. Anyone else doing same?
I have just applied to Sussex MSc Sustainable development. It is my 2nd time around as a mature student as did my BA and Post grad Dip in my 30's. now 56 :-) Life is for living!
Original post by SewKnitStitch
I have just applied to Sussex MSc Sustainable development. It is my 2nd time around as a mature student as did my BA and Post grad Dip in my 30's. now 56 :-) Life is for living!

Hooray! I have just got an unconditional place at Sussex starting in July :-)
Reply 24

Congratulations!

Congratulations, it's good to see a whole range of ages going back to university. It's never too late to try :smile:
Hey, 36 and starting Mental Health Nursing in Sept at Greenwich University. 😌
Reply 27
Original post by KirstyRumi
Hey, 36 and starting Mental Health Nursing in Sept at Greenwich University. 😌

You are welcome. The more the merrier.

I find this so inspiring - I've got "Life is for living!" going round in my head :smile:. Congrats too on your unconditional place. I'm going to apply to do Occupational Therapy next year (I'm 37)
Original post by Rhibris
I find this so inspiring - I've got "Life is for living!" going round in my head :smile:. Congrats too on your unconditional place. I'm going to apply to do Occupational Therapy next year (I'm 37)

Hi there,

It's great to hear you're applying to Occupational Therapy!! I am currently on the MSc Occupational Therapy course at the University of Southampton and I've learnt so much from the course content but I have also learnt so much from my peers in their 30s/40s because of the amazing experience they bring to course.

Best of luck with your application, please let me know if you have any questions.

Katie - University of Southampton student ambassador :smile:
Aw thanks Katie - I may do :smile:
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi there,

It's great to hear you're applying to Occupational Therapy!! I am currently on the MSc Occupational Therapy course at the University of Southampton and I've learnt so much from the course content but I have also learnt so much from my peers in their 30s/40s because of the amazing experience they bring to course.

Best of luck with your application, please let me know if you have any questions.

Katie - University of Southampton student ambassador :smile:
Hey! I'm 32 and starting with Foundation Animal Therapy & Rehab, with the hopes of doing BSC top-up at the end.

Been offered a verbal place at Oxford Brookes, just awaiting UCAS side to be processed :eek:

Excited, nervous and wondering why I am doing this to myself :crazy:
I'm applying for Sustainable Rural Development at UHI part time. I did a degree in Environmental Management finishing 5 years ago, did some postying, now a dog walker. So I'm excited. Just need to a personal statement now.
Reply 33
Hi everyone, I'm so thankful to have come across this thread!

I'm 29 and looking to study English Literature with a Foundation year at the Uni of Westminster this September. Struggling with the personal statement aspect, but hoping to submit it way before the 30th June deadline.

Fingers crossed!
Reply 34
Original post by ladia32
Hi everyone, I'm so thankful to have come across this thread!

I'm 29 and looking to study English Literature with a Foundation year at the Uni of Westminster this September. Struggling with the personal statement aspect, but hoping to submit it way before the 30th June deadline.

Fingers crossed!

What is your challenge?
Reply 35
Original post by Chivic
What is your challenge?

Well after dropping out of university the first time to look after my mum, I was her main carer until she recently passed away. My sister passed away shortly after (Jan this year) and I've been looking after her 4 kids since. It's been a lot to not just sink into the 'new mum' role and try to live for myself again, but in all that time I feel like I haven't really done anything to show for it, I was just getting through each day.

If I was to write about the transferrable skills I've picked up during that time, my personal statement would seem better suited to a Law degree, so all in all, it's the challenge of 'what can I say about myself without pretty much begging at the Admissions altar'
Reply 36
Original post by ladia32
Well after dropping out of university the first time to look after my mum, I was her main carer until she recently passed away. My sister passed away shortly after (Jan this year) and I've been looking after her 4 kids since. It's been a lot to not just sink into the 'new mum' role and try to live for myself again, but in all that time I feel like I haven't really done anything to show for it, I was just getting through each day.

If I was to write about the transferrable skills I've picked up during that time, my personal statement would seem better suited to a Law degree, so all in all, it's the challenge of 'what can I say about myself without pretty much begging at the Admissions altar'

I'm so sorry for your lose. I wish I could be of help to you. I'm a legal practitioner but just got an offer for MBA at York St John University.
Reply 37
Original post by Chivic
I'm so sorry for your lose. I wish I could be of help to you. I'm a legal practitioner but just got an offer for MBA at York St John University.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Good luck with your chosen path
Hi all, I'm glad that I've found this thread.
I'm going to be studying Bsc Occupational Therapy this September and i can't wait. I've recently finished an Access to HE course and I'm just awaiting confirmation of my results. Exciting times...
Reply 39
Hi MatureOTI’m starting OT at Bournemouth too :smile:I don’t suppose how many days a week the course is? I think I saw something like 2-3days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending