The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Parents of Durham University 2022 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XanaXoid
Last year Durham was really oversubscribed but I think they managed to keep everyone in Durham. I know some people were in the viaduct (which is a common spot to live if you are a second and third year student) and some other were in private accommodation around the town. The further away I know were people in Ernst place which is 35 mins from town but there is a bus so it wasn't such a terrible commute

How many people still waiting do we think? Is it worth us getting together?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
How many people still waiting do we think? Is it worth us getting together?

I honestly don't know and I don't even have any information to make an educated guess
I honestly don't know and I don't even have any information to make an educated guess

Is there anything we can do or someone we can speak to about this?
Is there anything we can do or someone we can speak to about this?

I'm not too sure, I'm trying to think of something that could be delivered to someone that could genuinely fix this problem but that also wouldn't slow down this process even more. If I can think of something I'll get back to you
I'm not too sure, I'm trying to think of something that could be delivered to someone that could genuinely fix this problem but that also wouldn't slow down this process even more. If I can think of something I'll get back to you

Really appreciate it
Has anyone in Stephenson college received arriving day and time slot yet? We still not received any information..

When my son got re-located to Stephenson a few days ago it confirmed his accommodation contract dates which says from the Saturday at 2pm, so I’m assuming that’s his moving in day/time
Original post by Sunshineorrain
When my son got re-located to Stephenson a few days ago it confirmed his accommodation contract dates which says from the Saturday at 2pm, so I’m assuming that’s his moving in day/time

My son’s at Trevs and his licence agreement states the same. We’ve been in touch with them this week & they’ve confirmed that moving in time slots will be allocated next week so the 2pm on the Saturday must be general wording on the agreements.
Original post by Sunshineorrain

Hi, sorry but all contracts have the same time and date across all colleges and is not the move in slot, that is coming next week I have been told
Yes, we have been told the same all rent contracts start from 2pm on 24th.

But the moving in dates and times could still be either am or pm on the 24th or even the 25th.
Really appreciate it

I found a couple of possibilities so I'd suggest emailing the one that you think works the best.
1) Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Colleges and Student Experience), Mr Jeremy Cook, [email protected]
2) Senior Manager (Residential Student Services), Mr Matt Deakin, and the only way to contact him is with this form
All this contact info can be easily found on Durham's website and I didn't have to log in with my student account. Also, I never contacted either of them so I'm not sure if the emails etc are still working but I'd suggest adding a read receipt and also a delivery one so you know if they got it and opened it. Lastly, I would also suggest letting the students write and send this email since the uni can't share personal information with parents
Yes, we have been told the same all rent contracts start from 2pm on 24th.

But the moving in dates and times could still be either am or pm on the 24th or even the 25th.

It might depend on the college as looks as though everyone arrives at Van Mildert on the Saturday
I found a couple of possibilities so I'd suggest emailing the one that you think works the best.
1) Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Colleges and Student Experience), Mr Jeremy Cook, [email protected]
2) Senior Manager (Residential Student Services), Mr Matt Deakin, and the only way to contact him is with this form
All this contact info can be easily found on Durham's website and I didn't have to log in with my student account. Also, I never contacted either of them so I'm not sure if the emails etc are still working but I'd suggest adding a read receipt and also a delivery one so you know if they got it and opened it. Lastly, I would also suggest letting the students write and send this email since the uni can't share personal information with parents

Thanks. Have written to both. Need to confirm subject/ module choices by Thursday……
Thanks. Have written to both. Need to confirm subject/ module choices by Thursday……

Can I ask why you need to confirm subjects and module by Thursday? If I remember correctly last year the department talk they quickly went through all the possible modules and so some people changed their mind
Was told in an email that modules needed to be confirmed on the banner by 15th
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cat2003
Was told in an email that modules needed to be confirmed on the banner by 15th

For what I know you can change module until the end of the first week of term. So it might possible that they will also move this deadline as they moved the college allocation one
For what I know you can change module until the end of the first week of term. So it might possible that they will also move this deadline as they moved the college allocation one

It’s just so stressful not knowing and it seems like only 1 other person on this chat is also in the position of no college allocation.
It’s just so stressful not knowing and it seems like only 1 other person on this chat is also in the position of no college allocation.

Yeah I totally get you. But there are way more than one other person in this situation otherwise they wouldn't have moved the college allocation deadline. Unfortunately I don't know how many people are still waiting or any other important information that might be worth sharing. But if you have any question I'll try to answer at the best of my abilities

Unless they are duplicated on here, there are several parents on the "WIWIKAU" and "Parents of current & prospective university students in the UK" Facebook groups whose students are in the same position.
Unless they are duplicated on here, there are several parents on the "WIWIKAU" and "Parents of current & prospective university students in the UK" Facebook groups whose students are in the same position.

Are these overseas students!
Are these overseas students!

No, all seem to be home students.

Quick Reply

Latest